cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hazy hot and humid Eye Candy Wednesday

Thank you God for central air.  Anyone got some cool eye candy?  Keep the pictures smaller to speed loading, and as always nothing from a live auction.  

The first one is something I found less than a week ago.  I bought it for pretty and only after seeing the photographs did I see the signature. Baccarat.  It'll be on Ebay sooner or later.   The other two are long gone.  The first is a gold-plate and jade-wannabe set.  The second is a base metal and amber chip bracelet with some other stone bits mixed in.  

BaccaratBaccaratStone and gold-filledStone and gold-filledAmberAmber

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Here's my addition to this thread.  A bit late!

Victorian mourning locket bracelet.

IMG_9428.JPG

IMG_9429.JPG

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Here are a few more HOT pieces I have picked up recently.

54 inch Sterling Milor, Italy Stacked Sparkle Rope Necklace54 inch Sterling Milor, Italy Stacked Sparkle Rope NecklaceBA Suarti Sterling Mother of Pearl Pendant on a Sterling Bali Byzantine ChainBA Suarti Sterling Mother of Pearl Pendant on a Sterling Bali Byzantine Chain

Sterling, SG - SB4737.JPG 

I really thought that the Quartz Rock Crystal Piece was glass it is so perfect and clear, until I put it on my gem tester ... then you could have blown me over with a feather.  It is magnificent!

On a side note:  I know that there has been some recent talk about fake Italian Silver here on the board.  I have handled many Milor pieces from Italy and have tested them all, I have NEVER found one piece that was "fake".  Maybe I'm just lucky.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Sandy, that rock crystal necklace is a retina ripper!  Beautiful!  I agree with you about Milor.  When I see the Milor stamp on a piece of silver I can rest easy knowing that it's of good quality.  I feel the same way about Italian gold.  At work I handle gold from Italy, Turkey, S. Africa, India, China, Taiwan, etc., and find that some of the better quality gold comes from Italy.  Of course, there are always exceptions.

Arlene, not late at all.  I'm pretty sure the Eye Candy thread runs from Wednesday to Wednesday.  Amazing mourning locket bracelet!  Queen Victoria would be proud to wear that.  Hey, maybe she did Smiley Happy!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

I love that description of Sandy's rock crystal necklace, Dream! Very apt, it really is a super item.

Here's my favourite find from today's hunt, not the most valuable, but something about it makes me happy when I look at it, and hey, that's one of the reasons we collect this stuff, right?!

A large Coro Sterling Craft vermeil  brooch.  

IMG_9431.JPG

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

This has been my National Depression Glass Association show Thursday-thru-Sunday-afternoon weekend, so I don't have much in the way of jewelry to show for it. Got a few nice glass treasures for low prices in a huge silent auction. A couple of them I bid a relatively low amount to get three pieces, planning to sell or give away the ones beside my target item. If those pieces don't sell it's not the end of the world because the outlay was less than $10 except for one bowl, and it was only $15. I helped one of the dealers all day Thursday unpack and place his glass. The woman who was supposed to be there to help got caught up somewhere a hundred or so miles from New Orleans. It was actually a lot of fun carefully unwrapping the glass -- sort of like the surprises for a child on Christmas morning (except the things weren't left for *me* by Santa). Oh well. I finally got to see pieces from a manufacturer I hadn't encountered before (Tiffin) and I am totally in love with their stuff. I have expensive tastes and kept falling in love with pieces priced $250 and up. If only I could win the lottery by 4pm tomorrow!

Love that crystal pendant, Sandy!

A.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Thirry, I too love art glass pieces and would love to see what you got.  I mean how could you be a jewelry lover and not like the bigger pieces of the wonderful art glass that makes up so many of our most treasured pieces?

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

I'm also a fan of glass and would love to see your treasures, thirry.  I enjoy seeing things other than jewelry that other board members find.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

I'm getting ready to go back to help my dealer break down his exhibit. I'll put some photos together when I get back 🙂

Message 23 of 23
latest reply