cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand Carved & Painted Bird Pins - Time Frame - Takahashi?

Hi, these 5 bird pins (one with broken off tail) all came together with info cards as shown.  I have read that birds with little screws like mine are not Takahashi but later reproductions.  Does that sound right or could these be Takahashi?  If not, what time period do you think?  Thanks!

birds1.JPG

birds2.JPG

birds3.JPG

birds4.JPG

birds5.JPG

birds6.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Don`t know the exact time frame on yours, but they are reproductions ..you can tell by the screws vs the 'push pins' in the originals

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

So cute!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Love the owls!!!

TEX
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the confirmation about the screws.  They are really cute, just not sure whether to list as a group or separately.  Probably separate, except of course the 2 owls together.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Cute little guys and I think they should sell well. As others have said, they are not Takahashi, but are obviously made as reproductions of what the Takahashis created. Given the cards with clear attribution to origin, definitely not any attempt here to misrepresent. Takahashi birds also came (sometimes?) with cards, similar to these, identifying the specific bird and signed by Takahashi.

I suggest you list separately, and also provide a bit of discussion in description explaining that these are created in the style of the famous Takahashi birds, and perhaps a bit of history. People seem to love these birds and just having carved wooden bird pin wire legs as keywords should bring a lot of views. Might be good to give a bit of spacing to closing time if you list as Auction format, to allow anyone who wants more than one to work on last minute bidding.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks Diane, great ideas.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply