cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAPPY MAY DAY TO THE BEST BOARD IN THE eBAY COMMUNITY!

May

HAPPY MAY DAY!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 207
latest reply
206 REPLIES 206

Sarah....he is quite the chunky then at that weight

hope his bloodwork comes out ok

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 31 of 207
latest reply

wow the middle set is so pretty!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 32 of 207
latest reply

Hope everything turns out well
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 33 of 207
latest reply

(((((Sarah))))),,,prayin' n mixin mojo for Mr. J. poor little guy,,ah hem,,let me rephrase that ,,,poor chunkadooSmiley Wink..the way I look at it havin a wee bit xtra padding is really good if something should happen usually the first thing they do is stop eating when they don't feel good. 

Thanks for the basket chat Sandy, I'll have to try to find mine and post em,,,,

Charcoal grills are the only way to go in my book. I hated the gas grill and was always afraid the darn thing would blow up when I lit it. Ours is a Brinkman and 20 years old still going strong, I use those started cans with the newspaper so there's no lighter fluid taste and it's more economical.

About a year after we got it I found a brand new rotisserie at a garage sale for 5 bucks, whilst it did not fit exactly, we just sliced a "U" slot for it to fit it and it works just fine. Happy grilling and smoking !!

Me: I've been out cleaning the yard, tilling the garden beds, mowing the lawn and planting the few plants that survived along with some straight seed sowing. All I have left to plant are maters which  I restarted yesterday. The rest of this week will be raining so just maybe I can get some things listed??

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 34 of 207
latest reply

Mornin!  Thanks so much for all the prayers & wishes.  heart 

Mr J seems a little bit better..he`s drinking water good & ate some overnite &  also a little bit this morning so far..so hopefully he is on the road to normal & his bloodwork comes back ok today.

I`ll feel better when I see a little 'gift' in his box. Cat Wink 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 35 of 207
latest reply

Vet just called..bloodwork is FINE!!!!!!!! Thank ya Lord!!  No liver, kidney, or thyroid prob

His red blood cell count is  a  bit wonky..but she is sure now that enforces her thinking that it is a bacterial situation goin on from the fleas..so hopefully the anitibiotics will solve that. And they will pill him every day if we cannot do it. She said the pills are very bitter..which can present a problem getting them down.

Not looking forward to doing it..but I have pilled him  a couple years ago.  He spit out but I perservered.     Only prob here is I have to do it twice Smiley Frustrated..as whole pill  was too much..and 1/2 pill not enuff so she had to cut 2 pills to = 3/4 of a pill.  

Am gonna try & smoosh the 2 together with a  tiny wrapping of cheese & hopefully I can poke em both down at once.  Fortunately this is the most laid back cat ya have ever seen  lol Not afraid of gettin bit or scratched, he just don`t like taking pills. 

Now the main goal is to get some poo ASAP from him

So mama is happy..he is still in his hidey spot..but at least he is trying to eat a little bit

Message 36 of 207
latest reply

Sounds like Mr J is on the mend! Hopefully!! 

I can pill anything that needs pilled. sighed. With kitty's it's gotta be fast fast fast! I scruff them (like their momma did when they were kittens) and then pull their heads back slightly. This opens/relaxes the jaw msucles some so I can force their mouths open. Then I get the pill down the throat as far down as I can and shut the mouth and stroke the throat (outside) till I feel the swollow.

It's not a pretty site and the kitty is usually SO ticked when i'm done, but hey, the pills down the throat! 

With dogs, it's easy peasy. Wrap pill in cheese or bread or lunch meat. Give to dog as treat. No problems! LOL my two dogs never even know they are getting a pill!

I *have* tried to make sure Cricket-cat will take cheese or lunch meat from my fingers, in the hope that I can pill her like the dogs. Thankfully she's not had to have many pills, so I haven't had to test it out yet! Bandit will also be taught to take cheese/lunch meat from my fingers.

I know, I know, I know, you are not supposed to feed your pets people food, but I tell you what, pilling them is a H E L L of a lot easier if they will take a yummy treat from you, instead of having to shove it down their throats!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 37 of 207
latest reply

Lol I hear ya Fredi.  

Mr J is not & never has been a people food cat..but vet said yesterday she didnt care what we gave him..anything to get some food in him & usually the smellier the better  lol

I watched her pill him with the 'plunger' yesterday. Boy did he give her such a pathetic look afterwards (which he is quite good at) she felt sooooooooo bad  lol .    I think I`m gonna try & 'glue' the 2 pills together & coat with peanut butter..that should work better than the cheese..don`t think that would be gluey enough & I only wanna have to do it 1 time.  Smiley Frustrated  Fortunately, I have done it before so I know the  'quick routine'. Cat Wink

Message 38 of 207
latest reply

Whew! 1 down..only 8 more days to go. Wrapped both pills in a tiny pc of cheese slice to hold em together.worked great..said a quick prayer & dove in Cat Very Happy

Message 39 of 207
latest reply

Glad the blood work came back OK and that you got the first pills down.  Congrats.  Are you sure Mr J hasn't found another poo place.  We had a cat that would do that when he wasn't feeling well.  Was always the first sign.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 40 of 207
latest reply

Sarah, good luck with the pilling.  My vet wanted my Pom to taked beef flavored vitamins since he only eats cooked meat.  No way can I get him to eat them even crushed in peanut butter or cheese.  He's probably the only dog around that will not eat jerky flavors or beef flavored chews.

For the last 14 days all I have done is cough!  Ugh!  Will be so glad when this finally ends.   Now DH has it and he as to go do the antique show this weekend.

Sandy, charcoal grills do make the very best foods but we are too lazy!

Message 41 of 207
latest reply

Yay!! Glad you got Mr. J pilled! it's such a pain and they look so sad afterwards...but we know it's for their own good! lol of course the dogs just want another treat! LMAO

Peach, did you try mixing it in with his cooked meat meal? 

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 42 of 207
latest reply

Fredi, his cooked meat is too mushy...mostly boiled chicken.

Message 43 of 207
latest reply

Great news on Mr. J heart

Peach, Is there another vitamin brand that they can recommend? Or you can find?
Message 44 of 207
latest reply

p.s. Hope you and Hubby are feeling better soon.
Message 45 of 207
latest reply