cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite Saturday childhood memories

Just thought this thread might be fun to share some of our favorite SATURDAY childhood memories.

I loved it when I could spend a Saturday morning watching cartoons.

They had the best cartoons in the 60's and Saturday mornings were cartoon marathons.

Some of my favorites were the Flintstones, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Road Runner

and I always wanted to live in a Jetsons world, LOL, still do.

Back then, it was ok to eat sugary cereals like my fav, Cocoa Puffs. heart

If I wasn't watching cartoons,I was out grocery shopping with my parents which

I really didn't like. But I did like going to the bakery and the meat market.

Both were always crowded and you had to take a number and wait, wait, wait.

I'll never forget the meat market had saw dust on the floor and the bakery

smelled like heaven. I usually saw a classmate or neighbor at one of these

stores and there was always the sound of happy chatter all around you.

Well, that's a bit of my fav Saturday memories, so let's hear yours.

so 

TEX
Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

When I became a teenager , I thought the sexiest man alive was John Taylor from Duran Duran . 

Mermaid 🐳 

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

Cleo , which one was your favorite ? 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

That's when we became little trouble makers Smiley Very Happy

I bet your friend had a ball.

Re: Barbies

My girlfriends dad had a great job at Sears and she had all the Barbie stuff sold at Sears.

She got mad at me once for giving one of her dolls a haircut and he mother yelled at her for 

yelling at me. LOL, I was scared and went home crying to my mother.

TEX
Message 33 of 39
latest reply

We'd go from the minute the sun started to set til wayyyy late Always had to go home and get a second bag to fill with all of our goodies Then we'd all sit in a ring on the floor and swap for what we liked!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 34 of 39
latest reply

I was going to marry Dean Martin and my sister and I would always fight I told her she cold have Jerry Lewis lol
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 35 of 39
latest reply

i couldnt wait for summertime....so that i could go barefoot   🙂

and cause i was a military brat....when we were overseas...i still went barefoot...which they thought americans were rich...lol....

and tv.....british tv did not have commercials....so when i came back to the states....it was like shock.......school bus was like a greyhound bus....major shock when back in the states and those ol yellow buses

loved the cartoons....i was a captain kangaroo...didnt like howdy doody.....loved the jetsons..bullwinkle.....Walt Disney

loved the summertime and time to go in when the lightening bugs got busy.......

halloween was major event of the year.....things sure have changed...you didnt have to worry about checking the things you got and candy was the original sizes....lol  not those tiny weenie things you get....

saturday mornings.....cartoons and playing outside

censorship and doubletalk.....  peeps dont talk so cryptic anymore....these kids just let it out

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 36 of 39
latest reply

Well I am from East Tennessee and we did not have a TV until 1983. I usually had to play with a rock or maybe a the hog until fall then I played with the rock again.

Not really. Just kidding.

Born in 1967.

Adding some cartoons/kid stuff that I did not see........."H.R. Puff-N-Stuff", "Sigmond and the Seamonsters", "Cptn Caveman", and not on Sat. morn but after school,,,,"Space Giants"

How old were you before you actually knew why Scooby and Shaggy ate so many "Scooby Snacks" or that a lot of the "Bugs Bunny cartoons were much deeper than you knew as a kid?

Our neighborhood game was "Kick the Can"

I guess my childhood crush was my Cousin Bertha,,,,,,Nah just another joke....LOL

Had to be "Farrah"

I think I am older than most all of you....loved watching the Lil Rascals, Shirley Temple movies, the old scary movies (Dracula, Frankenstein, Phantom in the Opera, etc), and the original Superman Show.  

My early crushes were on Dr. Kildare, the dark haired fellow on Route 66, and the blonde on Surfside 6.  Turns out Dr. Kildare and the guy on Rt 66 were both no into the  female species!  LOL

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

Mermaid,

John was my fovorite too heart

But I really liked Nick a close second!

Tiger_beat_star_magazine_wikipedia_duran_duran_usa_flag_united_states_of_america_flag_wikipedia.JPG

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 39 of 39
latest reply