cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deck The Halls December CHAT!

Ho Ho Ho!!   santa-dance.gif 

It`s that special time of year again!  Time for family & friends & lots of hustle & bustle of the holidays. But don`t forget to take a few minutes to drop in here for a breather & have a cup of nog or some warm spiced cider!

December.jpg

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 1 of 196
latest reply
195 REPLIES 195

Arlene, It's just so sad to think dentures cost less then getting your own teeth fixed. It's all such a rip off.

Sorry you have to go through all this, get better soon 🙂

Well I musy share my Early Christmas gift from my youngest DS

100_3256.JPG

It's a 2-1 laptop and tablet

This is my first time using it posting here after getting picasa loaded and trying out pictures 🙂

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 31 of 196
latest reply

Very nice, B4B!

Message 32 of 196
latest reply

B4B, what is a 2-1 laptop?  Just curious!  Your son is a keeper for sure!

My sis and I took my mom out for lunch yesterday.  It's getting harder and harder for her to get out of and into her wheel chair so I don't know how much longer we can do it.  

Message 33 of 196
latest reply

Mornin, 

Thanks Arlene 🙂

Peaches, it's a laptop and then you can fold it over and disable the keyboard to make it a tablet !! Asus brand transformer book.

I've been playing with it all night lol and I do mean playing, got nothing done till 3am lmao

It's so nice to be able to hear , the motherboard on my old 2000 Dell is going out again

I don't even think you can consider it a dell anymore, it's been rebuilt a zillion times

but with it's age it's getting harder to find parts

I was in tears, to think he just got this new job and took his paycheck just to spend on me.

Needless to say I felt like a queen.

Hoping to get out Christmas shopping later today the snow is almost gone.

Maybe get the tree while they have less snow on em??

Right now I'm watching the end of frosty and rudolph's christmas and having eggnog cawfee so all else must wait 🙂

bbl..I'm almost sure now that I have this beauty ............

Message 34 of 196
latest reply

Peaches,,,do you have one of those boards that you put across the space tween the carseat and the wheelchair?

All you have to do then is get her hinney on it and swish her into the chair. 

Message 35 of 196
latest reply

I'm not sure what you are talking about a board that lets her slide from the wheel chair into the seat.  She has gained a lot of weight from being inactive and my biggest fear is that she will fall trying to move from the chair.  She goes to the restroom at the nursing home by herself and it is almost an ordeal trying to get onto the toilet and back up again.

Went to the 5 yr olds first basketball game at 8 AM and I must say it was a lot of fun watching those little kids trying to play.  DGS forgot to dribble the ball and just ran with it.  LOL  

Message 36 of 196
latest reply

curved_transfer_board.jpg

called wheelchair transfer boards

Message 37 of 196
latest reply

well heaven has been joined by someone who decided to celebrate her 81st birthday there but she had to leave one day early here on earth

i am so grateful that my daughter was sitting with my mother...and i told her i was sorry that she had to see all that....and she said....i didnt want  grandma to die with no one there and i kept telling her over and over how much i loved her....my mother had been in hospice for the past week...today was her birthday

she had both legs amputated and had to be fed cause of limited use of her hands...but when my daughter went to see her.. she stayed long and they had quality time...so much so that when mom went into hospice....she had trouble talking but she kept telling my daughter how much she loved her

she had my mother transferred to where she lived so that she could visit my mother...lol

so while sad....i am going to make sure i have that much more of a nice christmas this year 🙂

and i guess you see how special your kids have grown up

waves to everybody

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 38 of 196
latest reply

Awww sweetheart I'm so sorry to hear . Amazing how strong and sweet your daughter was for your Mom. That makes me tear up to hear what she said. You two take care of each other through these hard times . You know your Joolie friends will be thinking of you . 

Mermaid 🎄 

Message 39 of 196
latest reply

(((Moonlight and Daughter)))

Message 40 of 196
latest reply

Rosie,  I am so sorry to read about your loss. What a wonderful, special  daughter you have, and how blessed your mother was to have your daughter by her side when she passed away, surrounded by love and kindness.

Message 41 of 196
latest reply

(((Rosie))  My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 42 of 196
latest reply

Rosie, I'm so sorry for your loss.  What a wonderful daughter and a special granddaughter.  Prayers of strength go out to you and yours.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 43 of 196
latest reply

(((((Rosie)))))  hugs and love heartheart  

Message 44 of 196
latest reply

So sorry for your loss Moonlight
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 45 of 196
latest reply