cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daniel Swarovski brooch

So, I found this brooch Saturday at the first garage sale I have been to in MONTHS! for the unbelievable price of $1.00. It is in the original box.  I have done some research and did find some on ebay but there appear to be two additional marks on the back of the one that I have than on the closed listing I found.  So, do yall think this is the real deal or do I have a knock-off?  Thanks for any help.  Claudia

DSC02436.JPG

DSC02438.JPG

DSC02432.JPG

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Daniel Swarovski brooch

The closed listing I found is 171007419970.  Sorry, I forgot that in my original post.  Claudia

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Daniel Swarovski brooch

Wow!!!! Nice
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Daniel Swarovski brooch

And it sold for a whole bunch of moolah. Very nice find!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Daniel Swarovski brooch

Thanks for the reply! But, if you look at the photo of the back of mine and the one in the listing - they are different as far as I can tell.  The one I have has 2 more little icons - one is a "scales of justice" with 925 and the other looks like a wheel shape.  Any idea why?  Thanks, Claudia

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Daniel Swarovski brooch

Scales are a more recent genuine Hallmark element used with fineness marks like 925. Your image is to small for me to see on my iPod.
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Daniel Swarovski brooch

Thanks, OCN.  I am going to try to make it bigger.

DSC02432.JPG

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Daniel Swarovski brooch

Thanks. Wheel-like Mark might be a UK import mark. What is the Mark next to the Swan?
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Daniel Swarovski brooch

Maybe Arlene might be able to help better than I can.
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Daniel Swarovski brooch

Is the second mark DS?

Daniel Swarovski?

TEX
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Daniel Swarovski brooch

Thanks, OCN.  The mark next to the swan is DS - I assume for Daniel Swarovski.  On the box it has Made in Paris.  So, do you think this is "real" and just newer?  I found another for sale on RL and it also does not have the extra two marks.  Claudia

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Daniel Swarovski brooch

I think this mark is 100% legit.

Those extra marks are, as OCN says,  import marks. for the UK.

The mark next to the Common Control Mark  is the mark for Sheffield, so at some point this was assayed in the UK when it was imported. About as good as it gets for authenticity.

Nice find!!!! Congrats.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Daniel Swarovski brooch

I think it might be newer and genuine.

The additional marks seem legit for a sterling piece.

I cannot really research on this.
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Daniel Swarovski brooch

Thanks, guys!  I am always nervous when I find something like this.  It was under a pile of stuff that I just happened to look through on my way out of the sale.  I really appreciate the help!  Claudia

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Daniel Swarovski brooch

Claudia, the presence of the Common Control Mark along with the correct Swarovski mark is only good news. There is no downside to the Common Control Mark. The only thing I am not 100% sure about is whether the additional mark is for Sheffield or not .... the mark for Sheffield is a stylized rose known as the Rose of Sheffield, but it can be hard to capture when the mark is tiny (as in this example, I am assuming.)

I have checked my hallmarks book and this is the closest match I can find.  I understand you being cautious, but to me (and OCN!) , this mark looks absolutely fine.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply