cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D&E Waterfall necklace is NOT D&E ?

Hi All, I was always told that this necklace was known as the D&E Waterfall necklace.
I was searching for info on another piece and found the Waterfall necklace in the 'NOT D&E' Folder.
So it's not a confirmed piece ?
Just want to be accurate.

ec127.jpg
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I heard back from Paula.  This is what she said:

"You don’t know how glad I am you asked about this set.  It is NOT D&E and is repeatedly listed as such.
Or , you’ll see just the earrings selling away as D&E.

I put together a list for my personal use of all the bezel necklaces submitted in the old DJJ group.
Soon as I catch my breath (been gone from morning till night for 2 days), I’ll go looking for my info.
I’ll also send the folder years and location of the very very few that were actually made by D&E.
Talk to you soon.
Hugs,
Paula"

So the set is not D&E.  If she doesn't post the information here that she has put together, but sends it to me, I will be more than happy to share it with you.  From what she is saying there appears to have been very few bezel set necklaces by D&E.

As far as what we can do here, I would suggest that pieces that we have that we are not sure of, bring them here and ask.  Like Cleio said, some of us have been involved with D&E for years.  It doesn't mean that we know it all, but we have been around and we still have access to the original D&E site where the pieces that were in question were always submitted to Mr. DeLizza. 

As with anything that wasn't signed and even some that are signed (Smiley Wink) there will be mistakes made.  Even Mr. DeLizza has made them.  But between the people here that have not only have access to the original folders and most of the D&E books we have,we might be able to help. 

One of the things I really liked about the original site was that when we submitted items for verification we had to say why we thought the piece might be D&E.  It not only made us stop and think about the piece that we were asking about but it helped us, or at least me, to study my piece and come to recognize D&E attributes.  So maybe if that type of information were accompanied with your questioned pieces it will help both the submitter and the people that read whatever answer they are given.  Just a thought.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Sandy, thank you and please thank Paula for me ! Now We know...and just a few weeks ago I told someone on the board her same necklace was D&E.Smiley Frustrated

I am usually pretty good at IDing D&E but for some reason I thought this was a book piece and didn't question it.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Hi Cali, I just found this Pinterest page with a very similar Set to yours.

http://www.pinterest.com/jandhjewelry/antique-vintage-watches/

I was looking up something for Sheila and the only part of the page I could see had the similar necklace.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Thanks for the great post, Sandy, and thanks to Paula, too!  I like your idea about describing the elements we think are D & E when inquiring about our pieces.  I'll be back Smiley Happy.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

I wanted to pop in and say I really enjoyed this thread and was very interested in the outcome.  I was fortunate enough to become a member of Discovering Juliana Jewelry in 2000 and followed it very closely, submitted a few pieces.  Probably viewed every picture in the albums at some point.  I had broken my leg and was non weight bearing for 3 months.  During that time I educated myself on two subjects, D&E jewelry and vintage Singer sewing machines.  I never had many pieces in hand, which is a big disadvantage.  When a question about D&E pops up here, I enjoy challenging myself to take a guess, even if I don't post.  I so appreciate this board!  

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

I heard back from Paula.  Here is a site she shared with me that is on ImageEvent.  This is Charlene Gould's site.  Charlene has a very long history with D&E jewelry and Mr. Delizza.

Cali, if you look in the not D&E parure folder you will see your earrings and a matching bracelet to your lovely set.

http://imageevent.com/antique_treasures/verificationfolders/

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Wonderful Sandy, thank you !

Now I'm going to have to look for that beautiful bracelet, it's gorgeous !

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Smiley Happy  I would!  heart  It's a wonderful set, it doesn't really need a name, IMHO.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply