cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could someone please help me to identify the Hallmark on these earrings

I believe these are Russian from the backwards R but cannot find out anything else. What would the #2 stand for? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Also these are very lightweight, the amber almost feels like plastic? Thank you!106.jpg107.jpg

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I tried finding out too, 3 or 4 years ago while researching this pair - evidently by the same maker. Mark is quite similar except on mine there's the reverse R followed by K, followed by a zero - 0 rather than by a 2. Looks like the 3rd symbol is a variable. Having no clue of an association between the reversed R and Russia, (what is it BTW?), I decided they must be from Poland - maker unknown. Your post has rekindled my curiosity - particularly about the zero versus the 2. What could that possibly mean. I hope this post helps and that someone comes along who recognizes the mark. 

amberneck25.jpg

amberneck27.jpg

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Those are really pretty Russian Amber Earrings. The Cyrillic  Mark is for a Guild Factory. There might be a Link in the Research Pinned Topic.?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

well look at that those, they are exactly the same as mine. After all of my research the only thing that I found common among others was the reversed R and everything pointed to it being Russian. As for the number, I couldn't find a thing, but hopefully someone else will see this and point us both in the right direction.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Thank you. What is the Research Pinned Topic?
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

At the top of this board you will find some pinned topics.  They have little blue stick pins in the upper right hand corner of the topic.  One of them is this topic.  http://community.ebay.com/t5/Jewelry-Gemstones-Board-Group/Research-amp-Reference-Links-Library/gpm-...

There is some great information found there with links to other great sites for information on many jewelry subjects.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Thank you!
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I did some research which reminded me that this Mark is Soviet era.

If you google "Kaliningrad Amber Factory History" you will find more information on Russian Amber Jewelry.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for you information, this is greatly appreciated! 🙂
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

One of the replies here says what the letters stand for and give some indication of why the last digit might be different:

http://925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35413

----------
Current avatar: Actress Myrna Loy.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Great information! Thanks for posting 👍

@figtree3 wrote:

One of the replies here says what the letters stand for and give some indication of why the last digit might be different:

http://925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35413

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Yes, that is great info! Thank you, figtree3. The link is very helpful. It should help with OP's question, and a mystery for me has been solved.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

You're welcome, old.crows.nest and ms.sellainy!

----------
Current avatar: Actress Myrna Loy.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply