cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cold and dreary Eye Candy Wednesday. Not to mention soggy.

As the Southeast dries out and the Northeast turns the heaters on, anyone got any distrations to post?  Keep the images smaller to speed loading, and of course nothing from a live auction.

Three blasts from the past.  Heidi Daus red and black, long sold.  The proverbial white elephant.  The belt buckle was a Navajo double naja, sand cast.  Sold WHOOSHGONE as soon as I listed it.  I realized recently that the boards save photos, and instead of uploading I could use some old ones. So....

DSCF2229.JPGHeidi Daus - now with  a happy buyerHeidi Daus - now with a happy buyerKenneth J Lane elephantKenneth J Lane elephant

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The sogginess of these pieces happened as they went out the door.  Along with being happy they sold; they were some of my favorites.

UB4656.jpg

Although these were not signed, they were outstandingly beautiful.

UB4057.jpg

Again, unsigned but a beautiful brooch.

Whiting & Davis - SB1281.jpg

Whiting & Davis molded glass cameo set.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Cleaned my front yard yesterday.  It took 5 wheel barrels overly full of sticks and a powerful leaf blower.  Not to mention there were a few large branches down.   I’m sore and I still have the back yard to clean.  Premier DesignsPremier DesignsUnsignedUnsigned
These went out the door last week…and a little soggy on the purple set

💜💜💜

Mermaid 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Nothing like jools to brighten up the dreariest of weather, and you guys sure turned the lights on!  All beautiful pieces!

From last weekend.  Interesting Tabra Talisman brooch:

tabra2.JPG

Do some of you remember the "stinky" Vendome set?  I tried every one of your suggestions and nothing removed the obnoxious smell.  I can only guess it's the beads themselves?  I guess I'll list it one of these days with great trepidation and mention the smell.  I'm sure I'll get it back.  Such a shame because the beads are beautiful.

vendomeset1.JPG

Goldette:

goldettebib3.jpg

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Oh wow,  that set still stinks,  that has been awhile.  I wouldn't list them and risk getting dinged,  you have such good feedback.  Or maybe list them low at auction and mention it in capitol letters in the item condition box.  🤷🏼‍♀️

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

That's exactly what I'm going to do, mermaid.  Start the auction real low and include FULL DISCLOSURE.  What a shame because the beads in that set are amazing, but they won't do anybody much good if they stink!  Ha!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If they're plastic it could be in the beads.  Could also be in the stringing.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

They're glass, ev.

vendomeset3.JPGvendomeset4.JPG

Message 8 of 8
latest reply