cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best place to research these

Hello everyone, 

I used to be a regular amongst these parts but got busy in other areas of life. I happened back to my old consignor and picked up a few things for a charity event I’m involved with.  Then started doing some research & realized my event is not the venue to sell these. 😂 Most are marked Mexico Silver & most have letters & numbers etched. I know it’s sad I had to spot clean to try & make out the letters. I am trying to research the number & am rusty on where to start. I’ve googled the number to no avail. 

152B1192-6045-4D11-85A7-5216BB4DDEA7.jpeg

I’m having a problem posting pictures so I’ll follow up on separate post.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

7EBD4FAA-249F-4D24-AAA3-E77FA404E478.jpeg

31021899-04BA-4F42-82A8-23912FBC4F90.jpeg

4EAD07A2-2CC3-43D6-8CCF-CEE44A1C83B4.jpeg

maybe that is an M & not an N? 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The hand-inscribed numbers are insurance marks from a long time ago.  They don't mean anything except that someone had these on a list of belongings once upon a time.  

That said, the hand necklace and the froggies look pretty darned old.  1940s maybe?  The necklace just seems to be marked Hecho en Mexico - made in Mexico. The Kachina earrings look more Zuni than Mexican, but they could have been copied. Someone liked the design and used it.  Someone who really knows numbers on Mexican piece might be able to do better, but will need a better shot of the backs. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks. The necklace is also marked Mexico Silver.  They are old 1940’s pieces. I appreciate your insight. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I always start here Mexican Silver Marks I - Online Encyclopedia of Silver Marks, Hallmarks & Makers' Marks (925-1000.co...

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The necklace certainly has some value to it! The hands holding tulips style was originated by William Spratling. Even the pieces made in his style are quite valuable now 🙂 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

do you know of some one in your area that deals in old silver jewelery: that due to the mix of material would be the best way to get an idea of all you have.

I see Mexican, Zuni,  Navajo, and some not enough photos to say.

Most look sliver...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply