cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone recognize these beads?

I've had this necklace for a long time.  Not even sure where it came from.  I've checked the internet for something similar, but it's hard to do as I don't even know what it is!  Chuckle.  I'm not sure if the orange beads are bakelite or jade or plastic (doesn't feel like plastic tho)? 

I emailed a picture to a friend of mine, she thought perhaps the orange beads where copal (African amber) and that the metal beads were sterling.  I did a search after she told me about perhaps copal, but none of the pictures where as bright/solid orange. Also several of the beads have a slightly lighter quality here and there ... I don't know how to add more than 1 picture so I hope this is good enough.

Any information is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

amber or copal is my guess too, but cant determine really from a photo. Close ups would help. Id recommend googling 'how to test for amber', and also learn the difference between amber and copal. Good luck!

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

thanks!  appreciate it the info!!Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I found a similar item for sale, so I have my answer ... copal, with silver plated necklace ... thanks everyone!!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply