cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another cameo necklace?

I paged back 4 pages of our community board questions becuase there was another question on cameos and couldn't find the post so I'll ask here on this post.  I have spent hours looking at this piece and trying to take pictures of the inside of the clasp because it is marked.  I think it may say Greek but really can't get a picture in focus to enlarge to confirm.  Anyway a pretty necklace that I'm not sure about the cameo or the chain.  The only reason why I don't think the cameo is real is becuase of the faux pearl dangle.  Plan on listing it as faux cameo vintage necklace but will wait to see what youj guys think.  I did read up on the board's reference pages on cameo which was really a help.    posting a picture of the complete necklace.  Could post another close up of the cameo if needed.  One other note:  cameo is enclosed so can't see back.  Thanks big time for everyone's help!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Another cameo necklace?

You may be looking for this thread in the "other"group.http://community.ebay.com/t5/Jewelry-Gemstones/Help-on-cameos-please/m-p/22682801#U22682801

Your necklace is still a cameo - I think you're using faux to say that you think it's platic or resin rather than shell.  If it's not translucent when held to the light, and not slightly curved, which I can't tell, you're probably right.  Still a nice piece (me likey.)  

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Another cameo necklace?

Thank you - I'm going to list it as a camino maybe with a ?"  I can't  look at the back since it is inclosed.  The condition is excellent and I think the chain is interesting.  So I wil list it this week but keep the beginning auction price low.  If i don't get much then that's the way it goes.  Who know how things are going right now.  Again thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply