cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on restrining and cleaning this HOBE necklace

I started repairing a few items yesterday and stopped when I got to this necklace.  The strings are worn and the beads need cleaning.  I do want to list it but don't feel right in the condition it is now.  Will collectors/buyers still be interested if I restring it and clean the beads?   I have several necklaces that need repair but don't want to devalue the necklaces.  If I was keeping it for myself then i wouldn't question doing it.  I guess this is a good question for people like me that search for beauties and find jewelry that needs help to bring it back to life.  Thanks in advice for the help!!!!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

couldn't get the correct sizeo picture

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Funny story, dins...  I sold this Carnegie set and when I went to ship it, one of the strings apparently rotted and broke off.  I had to notify the buyer who decided to cancel the transaction.  Since I'm not at all skilled with re-stringing, I re-listed it and included the fact that it need re-stringing in the title and added pictures of the break.  It sold for more the second time!  Some people like the challenge of re-stringing and some would rather buy it already re-strung.  It's hard to say whether you should go through the trouble and if your time to re-string the necklace would be worth it.  HOBE is a good name and should receive a lot of attention either way.

carnegieset1.jpg

carnegieset6.jpg

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Dream , 

Cool story , proving once more , you just never know . Amazing ! 

Mermaid 🌺

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Ha!  Struck me funny, mermaid!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you. I  think I will list it and see.  If no interest then I'll work on it.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply