cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni Hao! Anyone able to translate Japanese?

I have a small porcelain Tiger that has an inscription on it. I can't decipher it nor can my translation program. Thanks in advance to ANYONE who may be of assistance in tis matter.  🙂 No other marks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I'm wondering if it has to do with the year of the tiger or a ceremony?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

and there seems to be nobody on ebay community. Great!
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Are the bottoms of the feet finished - pads, look like feet? What makes you think it is Japanese - tigers are native to the Asian mainland and both China and Japan use calligraphy (the same characters) just different meanings.

Otherwise, it doesn't look like - from the photos - that it has much age or is of a higher quality.
Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The girl I got it from told me it was from her mom who lives in Japan. She gets things every year on her birthday from her and she used to live there. The bottom of the feet have little green felt pads on the bottoms of them. The piece feels hollow. I have gotten a lot of stuff from this girl and most of it was translatible via a translation app but this tiger just won't translate on it. Neither will ant signatures by artists and such. 🙂 Thank you for answering. I don't think it's high quality or anything, I just wanted to know what it said on its side. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply