cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Search Results

Hi,

I have been selling on eBay for a while now. I make handcrafted wood tree swings and other crafts. I usually do a search on eBay to see if my products show up in the search results (not signed in via another web browser or device). My main keyword is 'wood tree swings'. Very recently I have noticed that the search results will auto target a certain category. Being that my product is available with different rope lengths, I need variations to be available. I am missing out on sales with customers. eBay wants to charge 25 cents extra to add a 2nd category to my listing. eBay already has enough fee's, and this almost seems seller discriminatory. As an example from this morning, when I searched, the drop down beside the search box read "All Catergories". When I put the keyword "wood tree swings" in the search box and selected search, it proceeded to the search results. However, the drop down changed automatically to "Swings,Slides and Gyms". I only received 78 results, and zero of my listings were viewable. I manually changed the drop down back to "All Catergories" and selected search, and there was 2,274 results. I had about 10 of my products then viewable in the search results. Most customers aren't going to mess with changing the category of the selected search term and they will just make a decision with the 78 results they have received. If this is a new algorithim, then it is discriminatory for sellers. Anybody else had a similar issue recently? Thanks!

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0