cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your friendly support is needed to build a successful ebay store

I am a new ebay seller from sri lankan .I hope to do a good and honest business , I hope to trade dry leaves and dried flowers in sri lanka and humbly seek your guidance from America to make my ebay business successful .Thank You...

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@paradise-green-hub 

What you are trying to sell is prohibited on eBay.  Because of United States laws, you cannot sell your live plants, seeds, leaves, cuttings, etc. on eBay to American customers. 

Here is the explicit eBay policy:  "Plants and seeds located outside the U.S. are not allowed due to U.S. import restrictions."

Full policy:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/plants-seeds-policy?id=4287

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@paradise-green-hub 

What you are trying to sell is prohibited on eBay.  Because of United States laws, you cannot sell your live plants, seeds, leaves, cuttings, etc. on eBay to American customers. 

Here is the explicit eBay policy:  "Plants and seeds located outside the U.S. are not allowed due to U.S. import restrictions."

Full policy:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/plants-seeds-policy?id=4287

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

If you don't learn what you can and can't sell and what you can and can't ship to different countries, you won't last here long.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Thank You.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Do you have any more of that scotch broom? It's great for my allergies. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

You thanked @maxine*j for letting you know your live plants, cuttings and seeds are against eBay policy and against U.S. laws but you have not removed the listings. Are you waiting for enough people to report and have eBay restrict you before you remove those listings?  You should remove them before you get a policy violation. All it takes is 3 and you could be restricted forever.

Merry Christmas

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@fab_finds4u 

OP has actually added more listings of live plants since posting here.   I guess it's a case of, "Thanks for the info, which I intend to completely ignore."   🙄

-

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

That might be a good thing

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

You thanked @maxine*j for letting you know your live plants, cuttings and seeds are against eBay policy and against U.S. laws but you have not removed the listings. Are you waiting for enough people to report and have eBay restrict you before you remove those listings?  You should remove them before you get a policy violation. All it takes is 3 and you could be restricted forever.

Merry Christmas

OP continues to list and sell live seeds, plants, cuttings -- as private listings.  I actually reported one, because it is a horribly invasive species with which I am sadly familiar, but eBay cares not.

-

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Maybe Customs will stop them from entering the U.S., and that big fine they'll get will open their eyes.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

@fab_finds4u wrote:

Merry Christmas

OP continues to list and sell live seeds, plants, cuttings -- as private listings.  I actually reported one, because it is a horribly invasive species with which I am sadly familiar, but eBay cares not.

-

I reported 3 of them yesterday and received a message saying they didn't find anything wrong with the listings and it was a human that made the decision.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@maxine*j wrote:

@fab_finds4u wrote:

Merry Christmas

-

I reported 3 of them yesterday and received a message saying they didn't find anything wrong with the listings and it was a human that made the decision.

That human being does not know U.S. federal law or concomitant eBay policy.  Let's just hope that Customs / USDA does the job as stuff comes into the country.

-

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Maybe someone should contact Brian, Devon or Elizabeth,,,,,

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@maxine*j wrote:

@fab_finds4u wrote:

Merry Christmas

-

That human being does not know U.S. federal law or concomitant eBay policy.  Let's just hope that Customs / USDA does the job as stuff comes into the country.

-

It's pretty bad when the people making these decisions don't know or follow policies.

Have a great day
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Thank you..

Message 15 of 15
latest reply