cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool or Part ID flat tabbed washers?

I found this set of what looks like flat washers with tabs. They are each imprinted with a size such as 9/16, 3/4, 1/2 etc… which looks like the size of the hole in the middle of the washer. Does anyone know what these are? Are they some sort of tool set or washers for a specific use? Any help is appreciated! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jacksmomofalltrades 

I would say these are check gauges, used for measuring the diameter of things, or checking that the diameter is correct.

It's possible that they were made out of waste pieces or slugs because they were on hand and available. The tabs may not have any purpose.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like undrilled flange washers (such as those for a carburetor pipe), but there would be little room for the holes (and why wouldn't the holes be drilled already). The holes would have to accommodate very small screws.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@jacksmomofalltrades 

I would say these are check gauges, used for measuring the diameter of things, or checking that the diameter is correct.

It's possible that they were made out of waste pieces or slugs because they were on hand and available. The tabs may not have any purpose.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply