cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling handmade item

I saw somebody post a question asking if selling handmade on eBay was really worth it. I've been selling hand made items on eBay for two years now. It started out of curiosity, which quickly turned to amazement when I sold something right away. That turned into a challenge of just what could be done with it? How much could I really do? After the first year it became a competition with myself and now, going into my 3rd year, it's still the same. I don't have to haul my items to a craft sale, pay a booth rent whether I sell anything or not, hope for decent weather, sit in the hot sun, pack it up and do it all over again in a couple of weeks. Nope, I'm at home in my sweatpants just sewing away. I'm not getting rich, but I do pay for the groceries for a family of 5, so, YES, selling handmade on eBay is well worth it!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Selling handmade item

Awsome story!

It's nice to see some positive things on these boards.  So many times they are just inundated with all the problems - which is to be expected but to see a happy venture like yours makes me happy. 

BTW - it is situations like yours that made eBay a great place to begin with.  People selling unique, vintage and/or handcrafted items.

Nice to see some success in the basics of eBaying.

Good luck and I hope you have a long line of success.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Selling handmade item

Well, it came along at the perfect time. My husband's health is failing and he needed more care than I could give working 40 hours per week. I just left my job of 15 years to stay home with him and could not have done it if it weren't for my eBay sales. I've looked at other online sites to sell my items and they had absolutely nothing that could compete with what I have here on eBay.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Selling handmade item

When it comes to what you are doing, I agree that eBay is probably one of your best fits.  I hope more arts & crafts people come back to this site and keep eBay as a fun place to shop again!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Selling handmade item

@lrtalbo 

So nice to read your success story.  Congratulations and my best wishes for continued success.

I have been selling my handmade items on eBay since May of 2012.  I, too, have done very well selling here.  If all goes as planned Smiley Happy I should have 30,000 transactions completed very soon.  

I find the buyers of handmade items to be the best of the best buyers on eBay.  No scam stories from me.  Zero returns in all the years.  Happy buyers messaging heartfelt thanks.  Selling on eBay is a good fit for me Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 5
latest reply