cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Is Not Shipping

I relied upon a description from the seller and purchased an item based upon the part number.  Despite the part number matching, the seller indicates that the part is not for my particular item.  I shared the item number, factory manual, factory website lookup and illustrations to PROVE that the part number that they are offering is exactly what I need.

The seller has been paid but has gone silent.

Since sourcing the item through another source will cost more, does this situation represent breach of contract where the seller becomes legally responsible for the difference in cost by sourcing at another seller?

I do not know why a seller would refuse to ship other than if they really didn't have the item in stock and are making up a story to justify non-shipment, insisting that the part is not correct for my application.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Seller Is Not Shipping

If the seller doesn't have the part you need, why would they not just cancel?

If you need it in a hurry, why not ask the seller to then cancel and then you could buy it elsewhere? 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Seller Is Not Shipping

That was not the question nor the subject of the post.  Please reread for content.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Seller Is Not Shipping

Pardon me.  Guess I misunderstood the title of your message: "Seller Is Not Shipping".

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Seller Is Not Shipping

The seller shipped the item today.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Seller Is Not Shipping

Well, that's indeed good news.

But my first post was based on the title of  your  original message which was "Seller Is Not Shipping".

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Seller Is Not Shipping

As an interesting side note, I have encountered a seller who must be regarding their Briggs and Stratton "dealer portal" as some type of mythical god.  What they believe does not fit or is currently available is in strict contradiction to what the Briggs and Stratton Online Store tells me.

Makes me wonder how many sales have been lost due to misinformation.  

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Seller Is Not Shipping

Forget about "breach of contract".  You do know that you need to open an item not received case if you've not received it within a day of its last estimated delivery date, right? 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Seller Is Not Shipping

Ignore the above please.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Seller Is Not Shipping

Funny how my information is more reliable than the "dealer portal" that becomes the mythical god of all creation.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply