cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have advice on whether I can sell this Vintage Howard Gem "rotavator"?

Yet another heavy duty piece of garden equipment I inherited. This appears to be a tiller- a Howard "Gem" Rotavator. I don't even know if it works or how to use it. Is it worth selling? How can I dispose of it? Could I sell it for parts?

ThanksIMG20240220214513.jpgIMG20240220214531.jpgIMG20240220214545.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Does anyone have advice on whether I can sell this Vintage Howard Gem "rotavator"?

Given the circumstances of this particular item, and the fact that you don't know how it works or even if it does work, I would list it on CL or somewhere like that.  Heck, if my husband were alive, he'd buy it in a heartbeat and could probably make it work.  Have inherited several pieces of equipment in that category.  

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Sell for local pickup as parts on EBay.  Or list it on facebook marketplace, explain that you know nothing about it.  As for price, I'd just take a wild try for $500 or best offer.  After couple of weeks lower the price.  Sooner or later, someone will bite. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply