cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A FRIEND PURCHASED HUNDRED OF FLOWER SEED FROM CHINA ON EBAY AND NOT 1 SEED GERMINATED

10 PACKAGES FINALLY CAME FROM 3 DIFFERENT SELLERS IN CHINA (WITH ABOUT 1 HUNDRED SEEDS). THE ONLINE PHOTOS LOOKED SO GOOD ON EBAY. NOTHING GREW. IT WAS A TOTAL WASTE OF POTS, POTTING SOIL, WATER AND TIME. 1 POT ACTUALLY GREW CRABGRASS.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

A FRIEND PURCHASED HUNDRED OF FLOWER SEED FROM CHINA ON EBAY AND NOT 1 SEED GERMINATED

@impressint 

You see why their seeds are so cheap.

I bought some years ago, and they didn't do anything.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Not sure if they are even legal to sell to US customers (just because it's on eBay does not make it so) and with all the stuff in the News of late about seeds being shipped to US from China of unknown species, in my OP they should not even be allowed on the platform or market. Does the ad even stated what states they can be sold in?  Which is something you will see with US growers.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I thought you posted on the sellers forum that the " you could smell the flowers?" Probably not these ones huh?..LOL

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes 

Love your post! You are so funny! LOL!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@impressint 

I totally understand your frustration! 8 years ago, I bought a bunch of seeds from China also; Chinese peppers, eggplant, Chinese cabbage and cucumbers. Nothing grew. 

I to wasted my time, dirt, pots and etc. However, the seller posted that they guranteed to grow. I was able to file an item not as described and eBay sided with me and I got a full refund.

It really wasn't about the money. I expected at least some to grow. In any case lesson learned. Never buy seeds from China.

I also learned that shipping seeds from a foreign country is prohibited and is a customs violation. This is to control evasive species from entering the USA. 

Despite this happening to your friend, I hope you are still as happy as you were in on your last post!

Have a blessed day!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Seed from any other country should never be brought into the USA.  They can invite, invasive species that take over native plants.  They can also invite disease and insects that attack our native plants.  

The American Chestnut (the ones you eat at Christmas) were almost totally eliminated from a disease brought in from another country.  There are many plants and trees that have also been destroyed or eliminated because of disease from other countries.

Invasive species have taken over habitats in areas that have smothered the natural plants.   Some plants were brought in to solve a problem, but ended up causing more problems, such as Melaleuca tree from Australia that was brought into Florida to help drain the wetlands.  Now it has and is destroying parts of the everglades.  

Fire Ants were brought in by travel and transport of goods from South America.
The Murder Hornets from China are  in the west of the USA marching across the USA.  And many more examples, include an Asian carp that was introduced into the Mississippi River,   Lion fish, destroying the native fish and coral in the Atlantic.  

I remember years ago when you crossed the state line into Florida, you had to stop and they would ask and sometimes inspect your car, for fruit or plants.  And if you had any they would confiscate them.    Greening disease that came from an insect called the Asian citrus psyllid has destroyed so many Orange groves in Florida.  They burned many orange groves to try to stop the spread, even trees in people's private back yards.  So Sad. 

I could go on for days.  Just don't bring or dump anything that could cause a problem from another country.  We have enough problems. 

Change the channel!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Crossing into California from Oregon it is the same thing at the border or was but it has been a few year.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply