cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revising an item

So I have noticed lately ,  when I make a counter offer to a buyer ,  they just ignore it and let it expire ,  but as you all know I can't revise item until offer expires .  Its like some people , not all are playing a game .  I would like to keep from declining all offers ,  it would seem rude to me .  But I don't want my items in limbo because of some person is too lazy or getting their jollies by just doing it for no reason .   Any advice from you experts ?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Revising an item

Don't make counter offers.  Don't reply to offers.  Life becomes so much easier.  If you have a store, you could always run a sale.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Revising an item

Don't make counter offers.  Don't reply to offers.  Life becomes so much easier.  If you have a store, you could always run a sale.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Revising an item

I think it's for the same reason as yours - a lot of buyers don't like declining offers (I don't like it, it makes me feel dirty). Also, a counter offer is going to be more than what they initially wanted to pay, so they'll let it linger and think on it instead of outright declining it.

If you get a lot of low-ball offers, I would suggest setting your auto reject to your absolute minimum. At least this way you can interact with buyers who might make acceptable offers the first time.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply