cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Militaria Collector's Corner

robin@ebay.com
Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to the Militaria Collector's Corner!

This is a special thread dedicated to all who love collecting Militaria and would appreciate chatting with others who share this interest! We hope this dedicated little corner will give you a way to more easily meet others in the community that share your interests.

Come in and make yourself at home! Tell us about your Militaria collections, your first piece, your favorite item, your favorite eBay find, share the histories behind your items--share share share!

A picture is always an enjoyable way to share with others, so feel free to use them here. If you need them, instructions for adding images to your posts are available from a thread at the top of this board.

Enjoy! ;0)

Robin
eBay
Community Development
---------------------------------------------------
Click here to read the latest community Newsletter
Click here for information on how to contact eBay with your questions and concerns

Click here to read the rules for posting to our boards.
Robin's About page

Message 1 of 1,071
latest reply
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

Hi, sure hope I've found the right place to get some knowledgable answers to some (probably) very ?dumb? questions. I am totally out of my knowledge base (which is small) here.

I just listed about 50 military manuals and someone has pointed out to me that some of them have a "distribution restriction" on the front while some say "approved for public release". Does this mean I should not have listed the ones that are restricted? Can I get in trouble for this? They all came in a box that I bought at an auction. Some have said that since they are in the public, they are public and it's okay, but I want to be sure.

Also, at another auction, I got a notebook, . . . it is dated 1960 and is a "general area analyses employed in USACGSC Instruction". There are 28 different countries listed (three of those are areas which are then sub-divided into countries). Each country/section has at least 4+ pages of info (usually more) and then a fold-out map. Some of the maps are 4-page-foldout. . . some are huge... like 4x3 pages = 12 page foldout. These maps are really great. My questions about this item are: Should I sell each country separately? Or together in the one notebook? What kind of starting price should I use? What kind of price do you think they would bring? Do you know anywhere to find comps on this or on the manuals-- I had a terrible time with that..??? What category should I list in? What keywords should I use in the title?

Any and all help greatly appreciated. Thanks,

p.s. Hope I've made sense in my descriptions. . . if not, let me know and I'll try again.
Message 826 of 1,071
latest reply

If the manuals were purchased at an auction, they were probably already declassified.
Message 827 of 1,071
latest reply

Thanks, der_adler1, for your reply. I'm operating on that assumption.
Message 828 of 1,071
latest reply

HELLO, I BOUGHT THIS LAPEL PIN FOR MY POP THINKING IT WAS WWII BUT I CANT FIND ANYTHING ON IT. LOOKS COPPER IN A OVAL SHAPE,MEASURES 3/4 IN AND SAYS COUCIL OF DEFENSE WASHINGTON STATE MINUTE WOMEN WITH 5 STARS. IT IS A LAPEL PIN I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT IT WAS USED FOR. WOULD SINCERELY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.
Message 829 of 1,071
latest reply

vedave
Thrill-Seeker
The Minute Women, Civil Defense, Civil Air Patrol, etc. were all homefront war and defense efforts. The Minute Women were involved with material conservation for the war effort. Most if not all states had these programs.
Message 830 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi,
I bought a framed display of 5 metal pins and I have no idea what they are. They look like British military pins.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Donna Jo
Message 831 of 1,071
latest reply

Donna,

Your photo is not showing up.
Message 832 of 1,071
latest reply

I'm hoping I can find some information about a pair of green-gray military pants marked with an ink stamp at the inside waist/pocket area that identifies them as - 1940 104 T3 with a crown mark. I thought that they might be Canadian (because they're wool and the crown mark) the bottom of the pant legs close with leather straps. Metal buttons without insignia.
Thanks in advance for any help ---
Catface
Message 833 of 1,071
latest reply

Crown marking could be several countries. England and Canadian military clothing items are generally marked with an arrow.
Message 834 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi, I listed a question about a 1916 US Mexican Border Service medle on Sept 22 and got one response. I'm still looking for info on this iten. Appreciate any help I can get. Only additionial info is that the reverse has the Our Father inscribed on it. Thanks in advance, Artie Grandpabklyn
Message 835 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi Robin, A correction, the listing was Sept 21, not Sept 22. Thanks Grandpabklyn
Message 836 of 1,071
latest reply

Hi Robin, A correction, the listing was Sept 21, not Sept 22. Thanks Grandpabklyn
Message 837 of 1,071
latest reply

HELP NEEDED ON INSIGNIA, LOGO. BACKPACK BELONGED TO SERVICEMAN IN THE 142D GUN BATTALION. LATER USED BY BOYSCOUT. MILITARY SYMBOL OR BOYSCOUT?
INSIDE ON FLAP BLACK HINSON MFG. CO. 1942 OTHER SIDE RED WHITE SYMBOL + BLACK U.S.
FRONT BOTTOM IN GREEN STENCIL TROOP 4G BSA PALO ALTO
THE U.S. LOGO LOOKS TO BE PAINTED OVER THE RED AND WHITE SYMBOL. GREEN TROOP STENCIL LOOKS TO BE ADDED MUCH LATER. THANK YOU.
Message 838 of 1,071
latest reply

whiskysix
Scout
See my reply in the Collectibles forum.

- Dennis

--

Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win.
-Robert Heinlein
Message 839 of 1,071
latest reply

I just learned how to post a photo to help with identifying a Military pants stamp mark, Here goes---
>http://www.123imagehost.com/uploads/2492-811-canadapantsmark.JPG
and http://www.123imagehost.com/uploads/2492-811-canadapantsmark.JPG
Message 840 of 1,071
latest reply