cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Militaria Collector's Corner

robin@ebay.com
Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to the Militaria Collector's Corner!

This is a special thread dedicated to all who love collecting Militaria and would appreciate chatting with others who share this interest! We hope this dedicated little corner will give you a way to more easily meet others in the community that share your interests.

Come in and make yourself at home! Tell us about your Militaria collections, your first piece, your favorite item, your favorite eBay find, share the histories behind your items--share share share!

A picture is always an enjoyable way to share with others, so feel free to use them here. If you need them, instructions for adding images to your posts are available from a thread at the top of this board.

Enjoy! ;0)

Robin
eBay
Community Development
---------------------------------------------------
Click here to read the latest community Newsletter
Click here for information on how to contact eBay with your questions and concerns

Click here to read the rules for posting to our boards.
Robin's About page

Message 1 of 1,071
latest reply
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

hhtowne
Enthusiast
I'd like to request help in identifying this piece that was dug from a known Civil War site in Northern Virginia. The owner believes it to be the tip of a flagstaff, and my research confirms that some of the finials were in the shape of axes or spears, but I can't find a picture that matches this.
Does anyone recognize this piece and can you tell me more about it?
Thank you for any help you can offer. towne@myhome.org

hht
http://www.myhome.org/ebay/IMG_0599.JPG

Message 286 of 1,071
latest reply

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knows what war these buttons are from or maybe the date of them. They are brass and they are rounded. The large ones measure 3/4" and the small ones about 1/2"

Message 287 of 1,071
latest reply

satrasil
Enthusiast
Recently a friend of mine bought the belongings of a World War 2 A-26 Invader Bomber Pilot. Included in the belongings are many pictures of the pilot in New Guinea where he was stationed during the war. Also Included are the following items:
Pilot Training Manual for A-26 Invader
Pilot's Information File (Updated until March 1944)
Mae West Vest life Preserver
3 Medals (Japaneses Campaign Medal w/ bronze star ornament, Purple Heart and 1 other I cannot identify. The one I cannot identify is dark blue with vertical gold bars)
MANY personal records including physical exam records and flight time records.
a razor the pilot bought in england marked on the case Rolls Razor
many Crosswind Magazines
Yearbook for his flight training class
newspapers from Fort Meade named The Chin Strap and other newspapers from New Guinea where the pilot was stationed
many Leutenant's Bars (Pilot was a 2nd Lt)
Air Corps Field Manual: Tactics & Technique of Air Attack
Basic Field Manual: Military Intelligence Identification of British Aircraft
Basic Field Manual: Elementary Map & Aerial Photograph Reading
Technical Manual: Air Navigation
a license plate displaying: Florence Air Field 1266
Aerial Dead Reckoning Computer made by Cruver MFG Co. Chicago Ill.
Time-Distance Computer also made by Cruver Mfg. Co.
Air Force Magazines from 1942 to 1945

This list is getting long so I'll cut it short. There are MANY other items in the footlocker to list. I am wondering if anyone here could direct me to a website where I could find more information on the listed items so that I may help my friend with his research and possible value of the collection so that he may insure it. All of the listed items except the newspapers are in impecable condition. they look as if they had been packed away in the footlocker ever since the pilot retired from the Air Corps. Also all manuals have the pilot's name on them and the personal records have his serial number, rank etc on them.

Thank You,
Satrasil
Message 288 of 1,071
latest reply

Good evening! Up late researching, and can't find a thing. If anyone can help me in identifying when the U.S. Army may have issued a medical handkerchief. The following was from an estate of a medical doctor. His relatives believe he got this during his time in WWI. Because relatives are so reliable (chuckle), I thought you, the experts might know. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Quick description: White silk handkerchief, purple edge, embroidered corner. THANKS!

Message 289 of 1,071
latest reply

HELP!!PARACHUTE STILL SEALED FROM RADIOPLANE IN VAN NUYS CA IN 1959. I DON'T WANT TO OPEN/BREAK THE SEAL, BUT I DON'T HAVE A CLUE TO EXACTLY WHAT KIND OF PARACHUTE IT IS. THE PHOTO IS FROM IT'S ORIGINAL BOX THAT IT'S PACKED IN. THE INFO ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX IS ALSO ON THE SEALED PACKAGE THAT CONTAINS WHAT I ASSUME IS THE PARACHUTE. I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY HAVE. THANK YOU!

Message 290 of 1,071
latest reply

I would appreciate anyone's help! I have found an estate of a four star general who started at West Point in 1927. I have a few years of the bugle notes, his hat, a huge box of buttons, 100s of letters sent to his family throughtout his career. Newspaper clippings, awards programs... I'm just not sure where in heck to start to figure a value on this. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,
Heidi
Message 291 of 1,071
latest reply

jillmary
Enthusiast
Hi

I did a search for Army Security Agency and found some items like patches and pins.

What I have are some beer glasses from units in Germany. I might consider auctioning them but I have no idea if there would be any interest or what price range I might be looking to start them at.

Can anyone help?

I don't get online everyday but I will be back to check posts. Please don't email me at the moment since I can't access the email account that my name links you to.

Thanks!
Jill
Message 292 of 1,071
latest reply

whatzcookin
Enthusiast
Does anyone know what this is-- I believe it's called a grand Cross but don't know the age or what the insignia stands for-- any insight would be most helpful--Thanks

http://www.123imagehost.com/uploads/149-Grand_Star.jpg
Message 293 of 1,071
latest reply

Just wondering if any small (not damaged) sheetmetal parts from an f-14 would be allowed to be listed on ebay and if there is any potential interest. Thank you.
Message 294 of 1,071
latest reply

rasputin_45
Enthusiast
Good Evening Everyone! I posted this on the main board, but I think this thread might be more helpful.

I recently acquired this olive wool overcoat, I can't find any identifying tags on it anywhere, only "40L" written in marker on the inside shoulder, I assume that is the size. I think it is real military because I can tell where the patches have been taken off the shoulder. Any ideas on where/when this comes from? Thanks!

Message 295 of 1,071
latest reply

bikahall
Enthusiast
I was watching two auctions for Goodfellow Swords, I went to check them today and they are gone and I know one of them had several days to go. I've done several searches to no avail.
Message 296 of 1,071
latest reply

coulombej
Enthusiast
Hello all!

A client brought me a weapon to sell but I know nothing about militaries items.

http://fibreauditive1.tripod.com

I have pictures of my item on this site. If any of you would be kind enough to tell me what this is and some of the item specifics.

My client can only tell me it is circa 1700.

Thank you!
Message 297 of 1,071
latest reply

bigbob133
Enthusiast
Can anyone help me find a swiss or german WW2 lookalike greatcoat for reenacting use?? I need it in a size usa 48 or 50 and that tends to be the problem. Thanks!!
Message 298 of 1,071
latest reply

bigbob133
Enthusiast
Can anyone help me i need the following for a reenactment impression? 1. German helmet ww2 m40 or m35 size 59-60 liner. 2. helmet cover SS oak camo 3,. SS oak camo smock XL-XXL. 4. Gas mask can ww2 ger. 5. field pants size 36-38. Thanks alot for the help.
Message 299 of 1,071
latest reply

janjancat
Scout
Erwin Rommel,German officer..conflicting info. Did he commit suicide or was he shot by a ??Remlinger on orders from Hitler. ?? Anyone have any info. ??Thanks..check in tomorrow..........jan
Message 300 of 1,071
latest reply