cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Ellsworth Retired Navy Pilot Original Etchings Help

island_moon
Enthusiast
I was wondering if anyone know's anything about this self taught artist Bill Ellsworth. I have a few of his original etchings but can't seem to find out very much about him & if his art work was or is popular. They are signed & numbered & most have a written caption under the subject matter. Most are Naval & some are Military bar scenes.. Hre is an example of his work. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the double post
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Hi, I've acquired an etching if you are interested. Email me and I can send a pic and we can discuss more. Thanks Corinne  

corinmo@yahoo.com

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Hi.  I was doing some research on Bill Ellsworth and saw your post.  If you are still interested, I have three of his etchings available.  Here is a link to my Craigslist add.  Thanks.

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/art/6496190105.html

susan

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Susan, Did you find all the info you needed on Bill Ellsworth? We had been friends right at 50 years. Let me know if I can help with any thing. Charlene
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Hi tomcat. Just posted an original oil by Mr. Ellsworth on Ebay. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F332591558705
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

recently got a couple of his works and would like to find more.  if anyone has any looking to sell,  please contact me dlindley1010@yahoo.com. 

thanks

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

I have several etchings he did for my parents for Christmas cards.  Interested?

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

I ran into Bill Ellsworth more than 20 years ago at an event in Richmond, VA call Arts in the Park where he exhibited his work. I bought several of his pieces, over several years, all aviation related.  One year I went, he was nowhere to be found. I was still interested in acquiring more pieces and tracked him down in Virginia Beach, VA as the back of his artwork had his phone number. I expressed interest in buying more of his art and he invited me to his home. He told me at the time that he had retired from actively producing anymore artwork. When I went to his house, he showed me his remaining inventory of works and let me pick out what I wanted. Included in the work that I purchased was a series of pieces on the aircraft carrier Coral Sea that according to him hangs in the Pentagon. Sadly, I heard he passed more than 10 years ago. 

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

I have an original etching by Elsworth titled Let US Cross Over The River-Stonewall Jackson numbered 9/18. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks John

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

New to the forum and eBay. Bill Ellsworth was my uncle. If you’ve not sold this particular piece, I’m interested. Thank you! Lovechicago79.com.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Your Uncle was a great guy!  He loved airplanes & flying, and it certainly showed in his art! I have 25 of his etchings now, and I'm always looking for more. I have an entire wall dedicated to them.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply