cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USING EBAY PROMOTED LISTINGS TO INCREASE SALES

Using Promoted Listings, eBay sellers pay to get better search placement for their products within the eBay search results.  On average eBay reports Promoted Listings receive a 30% increase in views compared to listings without Promoted Listings. 30% additional exposure for your products is amazing! That translates to more sales, and selling items faster. Now, what business owner doesn’t look to increase cash flow? 

• Top Rated Sellers
  • eBay Store Owners

eBay boosts products in Promoted Listings on various eBay site locations. They include Best Match, shopping cart and the main product listings page.  Do a few product searches on eBay and keep an eye out for the word “Sponsored” highlighted in the listing – that word is an indication that it’s a Promoted Listing. eBay is continuously rolling out more areas for Promoted Listings to be prominently shown.

Right away, the exclusivity of the program makes it desirable. If only certain sellers can use it, it’s a clear benefit for the sellers  who are eligible. In the enrolment process, sellers chose which of their fixed price listings they want to add Promoted Listings on. You do not need to promote all your listings. It is your choice. Due to the exclusivity of the program, it makes sense to include most if not all your inventory, as long as the pricing can support the additional cost.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

USING EBAY PROMOTED LISTINGS TO INCREASE SALES

For a certain value of 'exclusive'.

This is not exclusive in the sense of 'No Irish Need Apply' or "No shoe, no shirt, no service".

It just means you have to pay to use it.

A neighbourhood of million dollar homes is exclusive of those who can't afford a million dollar home.

PRO- you only pay the promotional fee when/if you sell

CON- you might have sold anyway, who knows?

PRO- you can set your free where you want to.

I have fewer than  dozen of my items set with  1% fee. EBay told me the average setting for those was somewhere between 5% and 8%.

But I'm cheap.

I haven't noticed any sales I can link to the promotion yet, but November/December is my slow period and sales are just revving up for my busy January to May season.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply