cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What style of glass is this? What’s it called?

Hello all, 

what style of glass is this or what is it called? I have a lot of glass books, but can not find this kind in them. It is old. Very deep colors. The colors remind me of akro agate or old marbles. It looks like a 4 part mold, you can slightly see what looks like 4 seams going up each side, but the bottom of base looks blown?  Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you, also the color is in the glass, not painted on. 

sincerely,

antiqye1 

D59DE1DF-871F-4736-BB73-9FCEDACCE33F.jpeg

56AFEE07-ED87-49DC-83B9-B5956F4DE442.jpeg

E7A0CC29-74A4-4E3F-910D-B66247AE5E40.jpeg

43B18466-B162-4B40-8F07-3CFE880A3D2B.jpeg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Before you said "seams" I was going to say Blown confetti glass footed bowl/compote of unknown origin and age. It is an imitation of millefiore Venetian glass, but it is an entirely different technique and wouldn't be mistaken for Venetian to the people buying it. 

If it has seams along the sides but a smoothed or bottom (with or without pontil) it's called mold-blown. If you're just feeling the lines of where the artist used the (tool I can't remember the name of) in shaping the piece, then it's fully hand-blown. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

End of the day glass? 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

bohemian confetti or spatter glass.  end of day is a complete misnomer, the story of which is largely untrue.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply