cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone remember Apple Pectin Shampoo?

daisy72673
Enthusiast
Just curious? I remember I use to love the smell of this stuff but can't remember what it did to my hair!
Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

midnite.star
Enthusiast
I remember it and it was great for my hair, but I really loved it because of the smell. Whenever I went to babysit for this kid on Wednesday night's, after he went to bed, I washed my hair in the kitchen sink because his mother used it.
When I went off to college, his mother gave me a great going away gift and a huge bottle of Apple Pectin Shampoo. I kind of looked at her, realizing I was busted and then she jokingly said "whenever I came home, you smelled like apples but there were no pies or desserts so I figured you really liked my shampoo!!!!" So, I was totally busted, but she was very cool about it. Glad to know they still make it and I look forward to getting a bottle and feeling like I'm 17 again!! Thanks 🙂 midnite.star
Message 16 of 37
latest reply

needs_and_nessesities
Trailblazer
That is a cute cute story, lol.:)
Message 17 of 37
latest reply

I love it! But remember the old Agree shampoo and conditioner. They made your hair smell great.
Phantomsphawn in the world I live in.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 37
latest reply

candlechic15
Enthusiast
Hi! Candlechic15 here from Ohio
I myself use it at school (cosmetology courses I am taking currently!)
what was the deal with asking god bless
Message 19 of 37
latest reply

oh gosh puppy_kisses, did you buy it??? you could get ALOT of money for original lemon up shampoo!! it's actually being sold again, same formula but the bottle's different, i loved that lemon on the top.... i'm going to buy it can't wait to get it.
Message 20 of 37
latest reply

From another board.

I remeber Apple Pectin hairspray and I loved it.
Message 21 of 37
latest reply

LOVED apple pectin shampoo. Salons used it back in the '80s! I'll have to go to Sally and see if they have it. What a blast from the past.
Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
Message 22 of 37
latest reply

APPLE PECTIN [LAMAUR] WAS THE FIRST ORGANIC BASED PRODUCT MADE, DEVELOPED BY 2 BROTHERS LAURENCE AND MAURICE HENCE THE NAME LAMAUR, THEY ALSO HAD ION, NATURAL WOMAN/MAN, KINETICS ALL REALLY "MAINTENANCE PRODUCTS, THAT IS THEY HELPED TO KEEP YOUR HAIR HEALTHY, THEY ALSO HAD NUCLEIC A WHICH WAS THE POWER HOUSE OF THE PRODUCTS THIS HAD THE ABILITY TO CORRECT STRUCTURE TO ITS PROPER LEVEL. I USED TO WORK AS AN EDUCATOR IN THE UK FOR THE DIVISION OVER THERE, THE PRODUCT IN ITS TIME WAS REALLY THE BEST OF ITS ERA,[WHEN USED /PERSCRIBED CORRECTLY] THE CLOSEST SECOND WAS REDKEN UNTIL THEIR FORMULATIONS WERE CHANGED WHEN L'OREAL TOOK THEM OVER.
TODAY LAMAUR IS MADE BY ZOTOS BUT SADLY THE RANGES HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY DESTROYED, SO MUCH SO THAT WHEN I MOVED OVER TO THE US RECENTLY I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND ONE COMPLETE RANGE!
OH THEY ALSO USED TO HAVE A SPECIFIC RANGE FOR NATURALLY BLACK HAIR THAT REQUIRED RELAXING, AND WONDERFUL SKIN PRODUCTS,,,, ALL GONE!! SUCH A SHAME! THEY WERE ALL GOOD PRODCUTS,
Message 23 of 37
latest reply

momma*to*littleguy
Enthusiast
But remember the old Agree shampoo and conditioner

I loved that stuff. I still remember buying it with my babysitting money. ---------------

Karen

Karen ~ momma*to*littleguy

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

OH yes I do remember it. I used it in the late 70's when I lived in Florida. So I went on a search for it, found it at Sally Beauty Supply and on Amazon......but I swear either the new one doesn't have as strong a smell or I am losing my sense of smell! LOL!
Give it a try anyhow.
The new one I have DOES work well on my hair. But I miss that smell!
Message 25 of 37
latest reply

mpapakosta
Enthusiast
I cant believe I found people that are actually looking for that shampoo too!
I was like 12 years old the first time my uncle brought it from US when he came to Greece for vacation. Since then every time he would visit us I was keeping the remaining bottle. Now Im 29 years old, I couldnt remember its name so I asked my uncle if he could still find it and he just brought me one! I think it doesnt smell as good as the old bottle but still it reminds me my childhood vacations.
Message 26 of 37
latest reply

tmylsett
Enthusiast

I remember it and would like to get some if its still being sold anywhere.

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

I lovelovelove it and have used Lamaur's Aple Pectin shampoo exclusively since 1979 or 80.

I was a long haul trucker in those days and had very fine blow-away hair down to you know where. Even tho I kept it braided, it blew in my face too much when the windows were down, and it never felt really clean. One day I pulled off the road in some burg I was driving thru in KS, walked into a salon and said "cut it all off!" The beautician did her best to talk me out of it but I'd had it and desperately wanted short hair. Poor gal cried while she cut, and worried about me coming back whining about my lost hair, but I was delighted with it only 4 inches long from then on.

I also asked her if any shampoo in the world would truly clean my hair. You can't imagine how the constant exposure to invisible airborne particles of road oil makes hair feel. I was as fed up with that as I was with having long hair. Anyway, that was my introduction to Lamaur Apple Pectin, which was her recommendation. I tried a couple other brands but like all other sampoos, they left a residue wereas Lamaur rinsed clean.

I remember it being ard to find sometime in the 90s so I'd buy a lot wen I oculd but I've bought it at Sally's for the last 20 years.

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

The Vermont Country Store still sells Lemon Up shampoo...and Gee your hair smells terrific as well 🙂
Message 29 of 37
latest reply

It sells so good I'm bout to order me some. It must turn your hair gray.

Message 30 of 37
latest reply