Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help ebay railroaded me

danbar28

danbar28
Adventurer
I had a listing removed: 332621047557 - NEW PRADA Black /Grey Saffiano calf Mens Bifold money clip credit card WalletI,
I am a known Seller and Buyer.
There was no violation. The item is authentic. There are Many other Prada wallets selling on ebay without authenticity cards.
Prada did not remove my item, which is what I was originally told. Prada was contacted.
I am insulted and feel profiled. I spoke with a representative which was a very frustrating call both due to content and 
the fact his headset was not working. He called me back about 4 times because of connection however we did not communicate. He told me I had to have an authenticity card to list. Why? The wallet itself is authentic and listed without card. AGAIN many other Prada wallets and other items listed without authenticity cards. Why am I profiled?
My item should be listed as I had Buyers already willing to purchase, aware I did not have the authenticity card. This is a new wallet and NEW merchandise. I have been unable to find an answer. I question this entire event, wish to list my item plus feel very damaged myself from this situation. I do not believe that ebay acted in a professional manner toward me or my item. Maybe social media would help find an answer? PLEASE HELP.IMG_0787 2.jpgIMG_0770.jpgIMG_0781.jpgIMG_0779.jpgIMG_0777.jpgIMG_0785.jpg
Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

PLease note one wallet is not the same year or design release as the other. Correct. The apples do not match the oranges
Message 16 of 48
latest reply

@danbar28What?

In my first post I suggested you come here and ask for help from people who deal with this all the time. Ebay does pull valid items and they helped with one the other day.

In my second post I said that there's no way to tie the information you got on the phone call to the wallet you have in your possession.

Vendetta? Karma? Really?

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

@danbar28 wrote:

You seem to have a personal vendetta attached to this item. 

Oh, yeah! It's a vendetta against counterfeit items, those who make them, those who sell them and those who insist that their fakes are authentic. 

That's the ONLY "vendetta." 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 18 of 48
latest reply

Thank you for your help that was helpful. It was very appreciated along with you sharing your time.

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

@danbar28 wrote:

We were re-gifted I would think.  

Since you aren't the original purchaser and based on what you said that you "were re-gifted," it sounds as if the person who gave you the wallet was also regifting. That part isn't clear; I don't know whether you're the first or second recipient of a "gift" but either way, you didn't personally buy from Prada and you DO NOT know the origins. 

You can deny all you want that it's fake, you can call Prada (or claim to have done so) all you want and they may tell you that they made a wallet like that, you can accuse those of us who are trying to HELP you as having vendettas......but none of this changes the fact that the pictures you've shown demonstrate that you have a fake wallet. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 20 of 48
latest reply

Was not just a phone call. Sorry if you were under that impression.
Message 21 of 48
latest reply

It was not just a phone call. Sorry if you had that impression. 

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

Please know your help and time with this unfortunate situation was very appreciated. 

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

It seems like those who protest loudest are the ones who are unwilling to learn and bound to repeat their mistakes, either here on ebay or on another site.

OP, you were told the same thing in post #3 here:
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Item-removed-from-ebay/m-p/28385233

albertabrightalberta

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

Although many assumptions are very negative I do respect the individuals rights to clamor that an injustice is being paraded in front of you. I also know that you would be wrong. Things happened as described. Prada was phoned on more than one occassion and contacted. Prada phoned me also. The company was gracious and helpful. It is no longer my concern as to the opinion on the matter. Facts are facts which is the bottom line. This is also a "thing". A wallet, little piece of leather meaning so little in the universe. We have been told it is a "real" Prada item from about 2014. I have also been told on ebay discussion boards that it is not real by people I dont even know credentials of. We search for each our own truths and mine is within me. I am no cheater, I respect myself and others, Friendships and privacy mean more to me than an eBay sale. I am glad to have met those who offered advise without judgement to help us follow the proper paths to explore the situation seeking resolve. What I stated is as it is. And yes, good Karma is GOOD. Thank you

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

I'm still waiting to see the "advertisement" the OP claims "to have" of a real Prada wallet item from 2014/15 that's supposedly the same as hers.

@danbar28 wrote:
"Please note item photo above is NOT THE WALLET in question"

It makes no difference whether the real Prada wallet example photo is the exact same model as whatever your fake with money clip is supposed to mimic, it was simply to illustrate the style (bifold cardholder), material (saffiano leather), corner logotype & quality as the most significant details (e.g. PRADA MADE IN ITALY stamp on the left side) that is consistent throughout genuine Prada wallet products of any style or season.

FACT: High-end designers like Prada do NOT mangle their custom designed trademarks, compromise quality craftsmanship or violate the US Customs' legal requirements for Country Of Origin markings on imported goods!

FYI, "PRADA MILANO" is a trademark,  not a Country Of Origin marking. Did you show any photos of that to Prada?

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 26 of 48
latest reply

IMG_1225.jpg

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

Is this real site and/or item? Really askingIMG_1225.jpg

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

IMG_1227.jpg

@albertabrightalberta wrote:
It seems like those who protest loudest are the ones who are unwilling to learn and bound to repeat their mistakes, either here on ebay or on another site.

OP, you were told the same thing in post #3 here:
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Item-removed-from-ebay/m-p/28385233

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

Are these posts real? Both have same wallet. Trying to compare like items 

Message 30 of 48
latest reply