cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Women's shoe size category search issue

This probably only effects a small portion of the population, but a search in women's shoes, high heels for size 12 and organized from lowest cost to highest, returns mostly sizes 6 1/2, 7 1/2, 8 1/2, 9 1/2. At first I thought the search process was reading 1/2 as 12, but then I noticed that it was returning sizes ending in .5 as well.

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks for your thoughts.....

Dee   (kappalady)

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It depends upon the specific search terms you've entered + categories/refinements/filters chosen (if an algorithm is set to read random 12s as 1/2 it would of course include .5).

Anyway, I did a quick search test for "size 12 women's shoes" (which brings up the Women's Shoes category with all the refinement options in the left margin) & didn't find any problem finding size 12. When the filter for "price + shipping: lowest first" was added, the only other sizes included (apart from multi-size choices) was one with the number "12" somewhere in the title.

Screenshot of basic search:

SS-size 12 women's shoes in Women's Clothing, Shoes and Heels eBay.jpg

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You might try putting 12 in quotes  "12"

and also putting a minus sign and quotes around 1/2  - like this -"1/2"

Alternately you can just search for style and then when the results appear, select the size you want from the list on the left border (if 12 doesn't appear choose SEE MORE) and hopefully size 12 will appear there.  That just pics up 12 from the Item Specifics for SIZE

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Sorry, did I misread something? Unless the OP encountered a site glitch, I'm not sure why using search engine codes like quotes or minus signs would be necessary when the most basic eBay search showed nothing but size 12 heels listed (total 3,478) — i.e. without even checking "12" or any more refinement options other than "heels" & "US Only".

However, I do agree that the web search engine option is certainly the best way to bypass any & all possible eBay search deficits (systemic or deliberate).

e.g. "size 12 women's heels on eBay"; only using https://duckduckgo.com of course, i.e. specific words/terms-accurate algorithms + no tracking.

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 4 of 4
latest reply