cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Gucci - Real or Fake?

Hello,

I was wondering if this vintage Gucci bag is authentic?  It's in poor condition and would like to know for sure before I move forward with it.   The gold lettering on the leather patch on the inside is hard to read and also, there are no serial numbers on the underside.   Any information would be gratefully appreciated.  Thank you so much in advance.

WGH_4794.JPGWGH_4795.JPGWGH_4796.JPGWGH_4797.JPGWGH_4798.JPGWGH_4800.JPGWGH_4801.JPGWGH_4802.JPGWGH_4803.JPGWGH_4813.JPG

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

9 REPLIES 9

Looks fine to me. Hopefully Cape or others that know vintage Gucci will post and can date it for you.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@jsales0 wrote:

Looks fine to me. Hopefully Cape or others that know vintage Gucci will post and can date it for you.

Maybe if we tag her, she'll see the post.

@orange_cape_hides_me 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I'm having a little trouble with how that interior zipper is sewn in, but I'll defer to the experts.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

...and by trouble, I mean it's not like Gucci to leave a raw edge.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

You may be right blazebird. I was thinking about how the old accessory pieces were not made to the same standards but there were vintage fakes and I have issues with how this is made now that you’ve brought me back to it.. 

Hopefully Cape will post.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

The edge on that lining makes me think pleather, not pigskin and it should be folded in then stitched.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I do think you caught one! Mea culpa.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I think you are correct.  I took a couple more photos of the bag.  I was able to pull some of the ling out and reverse it.  It has a mesh material on it.  Also, the lining is crooked at the top.WGH_4998.JPGWGH_5000.JPG

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Yup. Sorry!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply