cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Has Counterfeit Bag Listed For Second Time

seller has a listing that is a counterfeit speedy 30. eBay does nothing when it's reported. This listing needs to be reported and taken down. If more people report this as fake, it will be removed. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

All you can do is report counterfeit items you see and we all hope that you are familiar with both vintage licensed product and traditional Vuitton.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

It's not really allowed to 'Name and Shame' here, so your post will probably be removed.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Are you an expert?  

Have you  had an expert  confirm this bag is a fake?

All you can do is report  item  

you can not name shame on this board  as posted above

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Yes I'm quickly learning a lot about how this board works. My intention is not to shame anyone and I apologize for doing so by naming a seller. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Yes I am an expert on Louis Vuitton.

Yes I report items I see that are fake.

Yes, I now realize that my post is not how things are done on this board and I apologize for naming anyone. Again, I have no intention of shaming any other user, stepping on toes or angering anyone. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

All you can do is report counterfeit items you see and we all hope that you are familiar with both vintage licensed product and traditional Vuitton.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Yes I am very familiar with vintage licensed products including all vintage USA items as well as current products particularly with collaborators from around the globe and unique pop-ups and the products found there. I have worked with items dating back to before LV was using leather in their goods (ie. while collaborating with Nazi Germany making busts) to current lines including working with Kim Jones and now Virgil Abloh and Marc Jacobs to the Chapman Brothers, the NBA, FIFA, Yayoi Kusama, Nigo etc. Would it be more helpful to create an article about authenticating LV?  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

IMO all you need to do is start giving authentication opinions here and show your expertise. Your help will be welcomed. You cannot charge. Others will prob watch your responses. You cannot advertise for private consulting free or not. Lastly, no one can tell you what to say but most feel it best not to be too specific as you know that both vintage and contemporary LV are being faked. JMO

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

The bag in question is 100% Authentic. The problem started because the seller listed it as a 30 when indeed it is a 25.

It is not being removed, because it is not counterfeit.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

The bag WAS listed incorrectly as a Speedy 30 and is in fact a 25 as but there are many more signs that it is not authentic. It remains up for sale and the seller has attempted to sell it four times prior, and clearly has no idea what they are doing. First, there is no employee employed by LV  as a CA with the name on the card shown in most photos. Second, the receipt is in the wrong format and lists the CA as only a four digit number, a known sign of a fake receipt but also not relating to the actual CA. Some images have been changed that are of lower quality than before of parts of the receipt. There is also no formal LV receipt shown but, as it also is widely counterfeited, that's okay in this case. Third is the packaging and in particular, the bag and it's fonts. I'd be happy to go into how and why the font is wrong but I do not want to be specific here as advised above. Many of these bags are also hard to authenticate as their date codes generally start with "FO" which, as you know, could be Italy OR France. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Report the bag in question if you still feel it is not authentic

that  is is all you can do 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I've reported it. You're right. Not going to pursue it any more. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply