cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item

In April I had 5 handbags removed for Trademark violation, Coach, Juicy. They were all authentic. Went back and fourth with customer service. It was not Vero. They told me even though my bags might be real I need to take more photos and add more description and I would be ok next time.  I always took at least 10 photos and described in detail. My 30 days were up and I listed 2 coach bags, not the bags that were removed. Same day, I was suspended again. My bags are not fake. I found a place to purchase at least  designer bags and am lucky enough to get at least one a week,sometimes more, at great prices so I can sell lower than most. Maybe another seller is mad? I have never had a complaint and my feed back is good. Everyone is happy.

Called Ebay again and asked if I had them authenticated by a company of THEIR choice to prove they are not fake would they remove the violation, answer is no. And get this! While I was on suspension in April, I became a Power Seller. lol I don't sell just handbags, they are only a small part of my items. I'm not listing designer bags on Ebay anymore. 

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Good decision. The only way to prove authenticity is to purchase from the manufacturer or an authorized dealer and be able to supply purchase orders, invoices and receipts. Some sellers of designer items display the itemized receipt in the listing so there is no mistaking the source.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 48
latest reply

I was given a handbag free and won't list it for this very reason.  

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

I wouldn't worry about listing a single handbag.  They generally seem to only target people who are selling large numbers of designer items, which is understandable.

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

@yhlml wrote:

In April I had 5 handbags removed for Trademark violation, Coach, Juicy. They were all authentic. Went back and fourth with customer service. It was not Vero. They told me even though my bags might be real I need to take more photos and add more description and I would be ok next time.  I always took at least 10 photos and described in detail. My 30 days were up and I listed 2 coach bags, not the bags that were removed. Same day, I was suspended again. My bags are not fake. I found a place to purchase at least  designer bags and am lucky enough to get at least one a week,sometimes more, at great prices so I can sell lower than most. Maybe another seller is mad? I have never had a complaint and my feed back is good. Everyone is happy.

Called Ebay again and asked if I had them authenticated by a company of THEIR choice to prove they are not fake would they remove the violation, answer is no. And get this! While I was on suspension in April, I became a Power Seller. lol I don't sell just handbags, they are only a small part of my items. I'm not listing designer bags on Ebay anymore. 

@yhlml

If your bags are authentic, it's possible to appeal the dings on your account but I'm finding a cache of at least 2 listings in which there are counterfeit Coach bags.

I recommend you post pictures on the fashion board and if deemed authentic, we can advise you on how to go about contacting and appealing to ebay. (You can also post the pictures of the Juicy bag.)

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/bd-p/fashion

May I ask how you know your bags are authentic?

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

IDK... have a simply baseball cap for sale and it has a self-closure I referred to as like "V e l c r o" and I rec'd a trademark violation and a take down of the hat.

Good grief, talk about being made to feel horrible for no reason at all.

This stuff is getting so ridiculous I can hardly care any more.
Message 6 of 48
latest reply

I don't know what you are looking at but I only have one Coach bag listed. 

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

Can't provide photos, Sold all of the bags from April to someone who sells designer bags in their own shop.
Message 8 of 48
latest reply

Don't say onsies either. lol
Message 9 of 48
latest reply

@rei-npkrlma wrote:
IDK... have a simply baseball cap for sale and it has a self-closure I referred to as like "V e l c r o" and I rec'd a trademark violation and a take down of the hat.

Good grief, talk about being made to feel horrible for no reason at all.

This stuff is getting so ridiculous I can hardly care any more.

This is different   Listing lots of nMebrsnd bags even authentic especially for a new seller can trigger a pull   

In your case if the hat wasn't the Velcro brand being used on it Velcro rightfully removed it.  They have the right to not have their brand used to describe items that aren't using it.    Many don't realize or think about the fact it's a brand and get pulled for this though so don't feel bad.   As the other poster mentioned onsie is another one that you can't use unles it's gerber brand 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 10 of 48
latest reply

@leeyoung1952 wrote:
Can't provide photos, Sold all of the bags from April to someone who sells designer bags in their own shop.

@leeyoung1952,

Since it was @yhlml who was the OP, it was the listings that were listed using that ID that I referred to.

But since you're the one who commented on my request for pictures, I'll address that.

You say the bags sold in April, I'm not sure why you wouldn't still have the pictures in your computer. Pictures are absolutely necessary to prove authenticity and in a case like this, you've got a big problem if you didn't save the pictures.

I was able to find a couple of caches of listings from yhlml that I believe were removed and can state with 100% certainty that they're fake. if any of your listings had these titles, you should contact the buyers, offer profuse apologies and issue refunds.

1. AUTHENTIC COACH 2WAYHand Bag Brown Leather 9983

2. Juicy Couture Melon Pink Velour Embellished Tote Bag

You said you had 5 listings removed although I could only find 2 of them. And I'm assuming that since these items are obvious fakes, the other 3 were also fake.

Sorry but you really shouldn't be selling designer items if you don't have them verified as genuine.

albertabrightalberta

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

I found 2 more cached listings that I believe were among those you talked about. They're fake also.
1. "Coach Vintage Black Leather Bucket Duffle Feed Bag XL Shoulder Bag 9085"
2. "COACH 9950 VINTAGE Black Leather Shoulder Handbag"

Where are you getting these? Can you take them back for refunds?
albertabrightalberta

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

If the link you posted is not your listing(s), then it should not have been posted.  If you ever have an authenticity issue in question, it is alway best to post on the Fashion Board.  And if nothing else, Alberta KNOWS Coach and lots other handbags and is very helpful if there is a question.  

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

Oh OK

Message 15 of 48
latest reply