cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took a chance on this "Coach"

Hello Coach Experts,

I bought this Coach Avenue without seeing a creed but lo and behold, there was no creed, metal tag, nothing. Can I return as a non-Coach?

Vintage Soft Leather Coach Handbag-preowned-green | eBay

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@coach_purse-oot wrote:

Hello Coach Experts,

I bought this Coach Avenue without seeing a creed but lo and behold, there was no creed, metal tag, nothing. Can I return as a non-Coach?

Please wait for @fashionclubgurl to chime in.

Here's my take: 

• There are cases where hang tags (authentic ones or not) have been attached to non-Coach bags as a way to pass them off as "Coach." I don't know if this is one of those cases. 
  • The pictures in the listing aren't adequate to see the details (zipper insertion details, top handle, spring lock back, etc.) to see if they're done as Coach would do.
  • Is there any possible faded and flattened imprint that may have been a Coach stamp, even sans a creed?
  • If (and only if) there's no other indication of "Coach" than a removable hang tag, there's no way to prove the bag is made by Coach. So if this is the final determination, I do believe it's a valid SNAD case. 

I'm really interested in how @fashionclubgurl  feels about the bag. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

When/if you receive something that's not as described, you have 30 days to open an item not as described case in the Resolution Center.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@coach_purse-oot wrote:

Hello Coach Experts,

Please wait for @fashionclubgurl to chime in.

Here's my take: 

• There are cases where hang tags (authentic ones or not) have been attached to non-Coach bags as a way to pass them off as "Coach." I don't know if this is one of those cases. 
  • The pictures in the listing aren't adequate to see the details (zipper insertion details, top handle, spring lock back, etc.) to see if they're done as Coach would do.
  • Is there any possible faded and flattened imprint that may have been a Coach stamp, even sans a creed?
  • If (and only if) there's no other indication of "Coach" than a removable hang tag, there's no way to prove the bag is made by Coach. So if this is the final determination, I do believe it's a valid SNAD case. 

I'm really interested in how @fashionclubgurl  feels about the bag. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks so much, Alberta. Here are more photos.

IMG_1821.jpgIMG_1822.jpgIMG_1823.jpgIMG_1824.jpgIMG_1825.jpg

Message 6 of 6
latest reply