cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purse !!! help item pulled

Hi,

Just looking for some help. Long story short I buy storage units at auction and we got a unit with highend designer stuff. I Orignally tryed to list and use Ebay Authenic but listing never gave me a choice to try authentication service, So I just put purses in my thift store and sold them, I had around 5 LV I had recipts for 3 of them. Anyway I decied to list this one myself. I listed it for 3 days after it ended I listed it again last night, It got pulled as a fake. I was hopping for some input on this purse. Real or fake? I have alot more from this unit like prada shoes burrberry ect but its not worth the risk to list on ebay, In the off chance this purse is fake I dont want to sell it in my Thrift store either 

IMG_1478.jpgIMG_1479.jpgIMG_1480.jpgIMG_1481.jpgIMG_1482.jpgIMG_1486.jpgIMG_1488.jpgIMG_1489.jpg

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Wait for others with specific advice.

After looking at the completed (unsold) listing for the same item, I'm guessing the red flags were related to your lack of history in selling designer items coupled with the perceived lack of knowledge of the item based on the minimal description. You need a lot more information than just:
"Approximately 9.5in by 5in
Please look at all pictures"

And so you know, paperwork and receipts don't prove authenticity. Both can be faked or genuine props can be used to prove authenticity of fakes.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

Hi, Thank you for your input. I defiantly could have done a better job on description. I'm wondering how does it work ,if enough people flag an item it comes down? Or are there actual experts that pull items. Over the last couple years I almost always choose to sell purses in the store for fear of this seems like its a hard category to sell in. especially if items can be pulled based on suspicion not items actual authenticy of item. I wish The ebay Authentic worked like its suppose too.
Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Ebay doesn't make the call to pull an item, they are notified by their VERO partner...Louis Vuitton...who tells Ebays to pull it.  That is, it was pulled for trademark.

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

Bag looks fake to me.  Anyone else concerned with all the loose stitching on the side shot?  

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

That's what i was wondering, Kinda scares me that LV had it pulled. If its a fake it doesn't make since from this unit, There were 5 LV purses I had receipts for 3 , this one didn't have one. Id be really surprised that she would buy a fake to go with all the other high-end stuff she had. They had serious money at one point... But who knows?
Message 6 of 48
latest reply

I wonder why LV didnt pull it the first time? Are you sure ebay doesnt pull items after they have been reported by so many members ? 

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

Pretty sure this bag is a fake.  It is the Eva clutch.  I used to own this exact bag.  The LV Monogram Eva did not come with a large plaque (like the one pictured).  The large plaque only came on the Damier Ebene and Damier Azur Eva canvas bags.  The Monogram Eva bag had had a small plaque only.  Look up pictures of the Monogram Eva bag to see what I mean.  You should be getting any high end bags authenticated through a reliable source as receipts can be faked too.

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

And bags can also be pulled from as fakes by people who are looking to buy.  If they contact Ebay, and say a bag is a fake and can show WHY it is a fake, Ebay will pull the listing.  I would have also probably pointed out this bag as a potential fake as I have never seen an Eva bag with a large plaque for a Monogram version of the bag.  IMHO, if you are planning on selling luxury goods, it is YOUR responsibility as the seller to ensure the item is authentic.  That might mean spending the few bucks to get it authenticated by an outside source.

Message 9 of 48
latest reply

@grapplingmonkey wrote:

I wonder why LV didnt pull it the first time? Are you sure ebay doesnt pull items after they have been reported by so many members ? 

@grapplingmonkey

The chances of  LV getting it pulled are quite slim. It was most likely reported by an Ebay user.

I also think it's a fake.

In the 4th pic you can see the words LouisVuitton are run together, which they shouldn't be and the Date Code tag looks off, as does the super shiny, too yellow of thread used.

Glad others have mentioned  the plaque. I thought something was odd about it.

I think it's a better than average good looking fake. But wait for other opinions please.

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

I just did some more research and there was a bag called the Sophie which was similar to the LV Eva.  The monogram version of that bag did have a larger plaque but I don't think this bag was too common.  So it could potentially be a Sophie bag which I have never seen in person.  Though there are some issues with this bag, that make me think it is a fake.  The same issues the previous poster pointed out.

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

@grapplingmonkey wrote:

Hi,

Just looking for some help. Long story short I buy storage units at auction and we got a unit with highend designer stuff. I Orignally tryed to list and use Ebay Authenic but listing never gave me a choice to try authentication service, So I just put purses in my thift store and sold them, I had around 5 LV I had recipts for 3 of them. Anyway I decied to list this one myself. I listed it for 3 days after it ended I listed it again last night, It got pulled as a fake. I was hopping for some input on this purse. Real or fake? I have alot more from this unit like prada shoes burrberry ect but its not worth the risk to list on ebay, In the off chance this purse is fake I dont want to sell it in my Thrift store either 

IMG_1478.jpgIMG_1479.jpgIMG_1480.jpgIMG_1481.jpgIMG_1482.jpgIMG_1486.jpgIMG_1488.jpgIMG_1489.jpg

I hope @jsales0@petals_and_vines or @a*river*runs*through*it it chimes in. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta

Look up ^^^^

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

Thank you everyone for taking the time to look at this. I appreiate the help

I dont know if it matters but they did live in Montral before moving to USA.  Buying storage units Id say  99 percent of all highend purse I get are fakes. The reason I was willing to put this on ebay was the quiality of the unit. the clothes makeup household stuff. here are few of picture of other stuff ive already sold. 

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

Im not gonna relist this purse and probably none of the high end shoes. Any recomendations on authentication service for ebay on purses 

Message 15 of 48
latest reply