cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pls help authenticate Coach slingbag

Hi again!

This sling bag has a creed patch with no code, but  with something like a bullet mark. Can this be a legit Coach? The seller said she cannot verify if authentic coz she also bought it as part of wholesale used items. Thanks in advance!

SmartSelect_20220322-220712_Carousell.jpg

SmartSelect_20220322-220704_Carousell.jpg

SmartSelect_20220322-220720_Carousell.jpg

SmartSelect_20220322-220729_Carousell.jpg

SmartSelect_20220322-220647_Carousell.jpg

  

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hi, Is there a little white and/or black tag or 2 with numbers and words on the inside of this purse? Can you post a picture of that please? Thank You

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

This bag may not have any tags inside, if it does it will be a white one with numbers and letters, but I doubt it. I believe it is authentic, but if it does have a white tag as I mentioned, please take a picture of it. Thanks

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Thank you! I will try to ask the seller to take a photo if there is any. Btw why is there a bullet mark on the creed patch? Some guides say it means a full price bag sold in the outlet.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

That circle is a Bullet/target sign/bullseye: Outlet Sales/ A retail piece moved to the outlet and discounted. It actually in my opinion helps to validate its authenticity.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Hi again! 

Seller did not find a slip of style code inside the bag. If it helps, the bag measures about 8in x 8in according to the seller. And yeah I was really hoping the bag is a legit due to the bullet mark, I dont think counterfeiters would bother adding something like that 😅

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@klva7256 

The bag is style number 8A13 and is from approximately 2005. It wouldn't have a white tag. The bag is called a soho swingpack.

Note that an outlet bullet stamp doesn't necessarily mean a bag is authentic. Bullet stamps have been faked. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Yes, it may not have one. In my opinion it is authentic.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for those details. In your opinion, do you agree that it is a legit?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@klva7256 wrote:

Thank you for those details. In your opinion, do you agree that it is a legit?

Absolutely! If a bag is fake, it doesn't get a name or style number! 

albertabrightalberta

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@dontaskmeidunno wrote:

Yes, it may not have one. In my opinion it is authentic.

Note that the white labels that are sometimes hidden within the bag didn't exist prior to 2013-2014 (and several years later they were eliminated) so an authentic bag made in 2005 shouldn't and wouldn't EVER have that label! There was only a small window of time during which Coach used those labels. (I would have thought that someone who considers himself/herself an expert would know that!)

albertabrightalberta

Message 11 of 11
latest reply