cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Authenticating a Yohji Yamamoto Blazer

Hi,

I'm new to this board.  (I'm a regular on the jewelry board though.)  I hope that someone can give me some sort of information about a Men's Yohji Yamamoto Sport Coat/Blazer that I need to sell for my son.  I've been trying to find out as much as I can about it online, but I keep running into dead ends.  It is from the POUR HOMME collection and the label has the "Yohji Yamamoto" signature on it.  The blazer is ivory, looks like linen/cotton blend and has red stitching accents here and there.  It has simple and classic styling and is very nicely made with lots of attention to details.  It was given to my son by a wealthy client to wanted to thank him for some construction work he did. It's way too big for my son and he doesn't have much opportunity to wear it, so it needs to be sold.

I'd like to know if it is authentic, about when it was made and possibly a price range.  I'll post some pix asap. I'd appreciate any help that anyone can give me.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The pix just came to me.  Here are a couple.  The color is a medium ivory, not white.yamamoto1.jpeg10955[1].jpeg10961[1].jpeg

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Absolutely beautiful and authentic. I’d guess 90s. Value is up to you. Go search closed auctions on sold yohji jackets and blazers.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Get pics of the fabric/care labels. Sometimes you'll find a style number or collection there. Depends on the brand.

Editing to add this:

https://enblog.playful-dc.com/2021/05/10/how-to-find-out-the-season-of-yohji-yamamoto/ 

That page has a chart that tells you how to date the piece @auntiekittys. The number 4 on the label pictured means it's later than year 2000. The fabric content/care tag will give you more specifics.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Disregard what I said about size 4 and year 2000 - that was me misreading something. The rest of the info in my post should get you a definitive year/season.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thank you so much everyone! That article is just what I need.  I really appreciate it. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

So...what if the care tag is missing?  😏

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Do your best to price based on comps. With a high end brand like that you'll want photos with better lighting to command a higher price.

There are probably discussion boards and Facebook groups out there dedicated to designer fashion where you might get some more info. If not then do the best you can based on researching comps.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks...I agree with you about the lighting.  My son took them and he's not a photographer.  I'm going to his house to retrieve the jacket in a couple of days and I'll reshoot it. 

We did find the fabric composition label.  It was inside the pocket.  I also had it authenticated by authenticatefirst.com.   Thank you so much for everyone's help.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply