cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little (educational) fun

We have had fake MK with that obvious fake honeycomb lining here recently. However, counterfeiters got bit better at it and some of the fake honeycomb lining looks pretty good at first glance - yet, they just don't bother with details. Here, there is one authentic and one of the "better" fakes. Besides the fabric difference (and you can see in authentic lining, where the light hits, the logo shines out very nicely), there is a pattern disturbance.   Can you spot it ? I bet you can 🙂 That sort of pattern is used in other signature lining but not in this type of honeycomb. So, 

Authentic

IMG_0912.PNG

fake IMG_0911.PNG

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Little (educational) fun

Is it that some of the MKs are upsidedown? (The pattern isn't supposed to alternate between right side up and upsidedown?)
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Little (educational) fun

Yep. This pattern is not suppose to do that. I am really into symmetry and one thing I love about the honeycomb pattern lining is the absolute regularity. All the shapes and logos just same. I am quite weird 🙂

And just to remind - this applies to this specific lining. Other MK signature linings do have upside down pattern in them. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply