cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a real Hermes?

Found this at a thrift store, could it be real?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Is this a real Hermes?

I do hope it's real (great find if it is!), but you'll need to post much clearer close-up photos of the hardware (clasp/plate & toggle) because if it's supposed to be a HERMÈS "Taurillon Clemence Lindy" bag, then it should have rounded rivets on the connector plate (not screws) + HERMÈS PARIS engraved on both plate & toggle.

I'm not expert in Hermès bags, but if we can eliminate the more common errors found on fakes first (with detailed pics) then it will be worth the cost of having it authenticated by a professional .

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Is this a real Hermes?

Also, the measurements (to determine which size to compare it with) & clear photos of the handle attachment stitching on the side. Just reply to this thread & use the camera icon to add more pics.

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Is this a real Hermes?

Here are a few more pics - I will try to post more. "Hermes Paris" is on the top & bottom of the little toggle that clasps both zipper pulls, it is also in small letters on one of the round zipper pulls backs. The zippers read "riri & M6 on the back. There is a little "H" at the end of the zipper. The bottom of the interior feels like lambskin. The stitching throughout is about 9-10 stitches to the inch 7 is immaculate. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Is this a real Hermes?

It looks like it measures (full) about 32 cm at the bottom x 18 cm high x 16 cm deep.IMG_3057.JPGIMG_3062.JPGIMG_3050.JPGIMG_3046.JPGIMG_3054.JPGIMG_3058.JPG

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Is this a real Hermes?

It's looking pretty good! Although clearer pics of the HERMÈS – PARIS  engravings would help for a more definite conclusion (an authentication service may request better). However,  everything else seems to be right for a Lindy 30 (made in four sizes: 26cm, 30cm, 34cm and 45cm).

If you plan on selling it you will need to have it professionally authenticated before listing. If you decide to do that, try to get your pics of the hardware as clear as these (zoom):

Hermes-Lindy-clasp-toggle-details.jpg

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Is this a real Hermes?

I recommend Bababebi
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 7
latest reply