cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Coach campus backpack 23 authentic?

Hi is this damaged coach campus backpack 23 authentic? I'm not sure as the merchant doesn't have any paper trail to trace it back to. Thank you. @albertabrightalberta @fashionclubgurl 

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-3.jpg

s-l1600-4.jpg

s-l1600_1.jpeg.jpg

s-l400_1.jpeg.jpg

  

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@sandimascan you help me out?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I believe its ok, but the missing turnlock part concerns me. Fakes of this would be very close except for construction, and thats what concerns me.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@sandimas so what's the final verdict?!! Do you think it's legit or should I pass and not take the risk?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@chmoo_95 wrote:

Hi is this damaged coach campus backpack 23 authentic? I'm not sure as the merchant doesn't have any paper trail to trace it back to. Thank you. @albertabrightalberta @fashionclubgurl 

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-3.jpg

s-l1600-4.jpg

s-l1600_1.jpeg.jpg

s-l400_1.jpeg.jpg

The backpack looks good. 

It's missing the female "C" part of the turnlock. (The seller does mention it in the listing.)

The missing piece doesn't inhibit use of the bag or the zipper pocket except that it might allow easier access to the pocket since you don't have to turn the turnlock to open the zipper. 

You might be able to order one from Coach. (I don't know whether they sell them.) Or another option is to use the piece from another bag (maybe a thrifted one) and attach it to your bag. 

This is what the piece looks like. 

Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 11.48.10 PM.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

So in the end, is it a legit campus backpack that's authentic? The reason why I'm saying that is because @sandimas response wasn't too sure as they said that fakes looked strikingly similar to the real ones

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Also I thought the hardware on the original was gunmetal why in the pictures of the seller it looks like it's brass. Do you think maybe it faded or thats just the way the picture was taken out?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@chmoo_95 wrote:

So in the end, is it a legit campus backpack that's authentic? The reason why I'm saying that is because @sandimas response wasn't too sure as they said that fakes looked strikingly similar to the real ones

My opinion is that it's authentic and just missing the piece of hardware. 

The fakes are very close but so far, I have caught the fakes when others have called them authentic. 

You're certainly welcome to seek other opinions! 

albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thanks and no I believe you your knowledge is quite great with Coach bags I find it interesting that you know so much about them like old old ones and new ones!!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

You're welcome! 

albertabrightalberta

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Its possible coach used different finishes on the hardware for these but the one your asking about definitely looks brass-ish to me. If I were you I'd call coach and ask them about a replacement part(s) and the colors. Good Luck!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Its possible coach used different finishes on the hardware for these but the one your asking about definitely looks brass-ish to me. If I were you I'd call coach and ask them about a replacement part(s) and the colors. Good Luck!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply