FFCE92D1-3CA0-4A89-A70D-4F33A4156E4F.jpeg

B2205D5C-231D-48EF-911F-F3E2D179D98F.jpeg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Is this Coach bag authentic?

@dontaskmeidunno wrote:

Can you tell me, do the brass buckles have the words "Solid Brass" embossed in them? Thank you!

The bag is fake so buckles and what may or may not be written on them is irrelevant.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sorry, this is a frequently use fake Pre-fix. 'P1L' The 'P' would be a month, but not on this planet! Sorry for the bad news!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Can you tell me, do the brass buckles have the words "Solid Brass" embossed in them? Thank you!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@dontaskmeidunno wrote:

The bag is fake so buckles and what may or may not be written on them is irrelevant.

albertabrightalberta

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta This is absolutely not true. For a buyer to return a bag, (Much as the posters here are asking questions for) the returns Dept. for any selling platform demand as much proof in the buyers return claim as possible, including fake/wrong hardware, stamps, codes, numbers, construction differences etc. Please do not give posters bad information. Thank You

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@vintagebagbabe wrote:

@albertabrightalberta  Please do not give posters bad information. Thank You

I have not given one piece of "bad information." 

I stand by my statement that the bag is fake, there's nothing right about it and whether or not there are markings on the buckles (or any other hardware) has absolutely nothing to do with authenticity. 

ETA: When disputes are filed, ebay doesn't ask for what makes a bag fake. They rarely have to give any information at all, other than that it's not authentic. (And that happens even in claims when the item isn't fake.)

albertabrightalberta

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@vintagebagbabe wrote:

@albertabrightalberta This is absolutely not true. For a buyer to return a bag, (Much as the posters here are asking questions for) the returns Dept. for any selling platform demand as much proof in the buyers return claim as possible, including fake/wrong hardware, stamps, codes, numbers, construction differences etc. Please do not give posters bad information. Thank You

What albertabrightalberta said is not "bad information".

Regarding the question she was referring to in Message #3, hardware including buckles can be changed or replaced, he has probably replaced more than a few himself.  And replacement straps from a non-Coach source might even have buckles stamped "solid brass". 

Albertabrightalberta has given, solid, dependable and EXCELLENT information here for well over 15 years. Accusing her of giving "bad information" is insulting, derogatory and just plain offensive, not just to her but to everyone here who knows exactly how much effort she puts into always giving accurate information and actually doing something to help solve a problem.

You might also want to go through all of her posts to see how many people shes effectively helped by directly contacting the people at Ebay who have the power to reverse a bad decision or clear up a serious problem.  She doesnt just flutter her hands in the air and say "Oh dear, what a shame", she does something about it. 

Heres just one example, from 2020, there are probably a dozen others - please read the thread carefully and completely:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/Removal-of-authentic-vintage-coach-bags/m-p/30745585#M105351

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 7 of 7
latest reply