cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im desperate! can't sell bags cos ebay removed all listings

Hello dear Community! U are my last hope to understand what’s going on. Today I talked with 5  eBay agents so that  they clarified my situation but they did not say anything intelligible.

I created 5 listings, 4 items were sold and shipped. And after that eBay sent me message :

After reviewing your account, we've had to take the following action:
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).
The listing(s) removed from your account showed similarities to listings that have resulted in bad buying experiences, such as complaints from buyers that the item is of poor quality or inauthentic. Based on these similarities, please don't relist these items on eBay.Here are the listings we removed:...........

To all my attempts to find out what happens they are getting away from the answer and start talking about authenticity. All my items have store receipt or was authentificate by ProAuthentificators.com , and I showed all this in my listings, I made good detailed photos. 

I do not understand what rules I violated.

Who have the same problem?

How to protect myself from the same situation on the future?

Im also ready to pay for good quality informative consultation! 

Thanks for reading my text!

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

@city*satins wrote:

Yes, I thought it was a very odd message, given the blatant problems such as location of item not being mentioned and the very silly advice that the seller should offer up a reason that the item was being listed.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in eBay's staff.

But isn't that so typical of ebay CS? The difference in this case is that the promises weren't made over the phone with no documentation of what was said. In this case, the OP has it in writing and if the person who sent that message was wrong and if the OP's listings are removed, she has documentation of what was told to her. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Hello again! Wow so many message , thanks !

So here was the question:

What information did you provide to eBay that led to these statements in their message?

.... your items are authentic. ...

..... we are 100% sure that your item is authentic...

Well I sent all documents what I have ( receipts and certificates from Proauthenticators)

I made arount 7 calls to eBay team and tryed to explain everything by phone, but my speeching worse than my writing  and I asked my husband calling them. After all that I got that message from Ebay.

About item lacation-  now I realize that I should intering  item location not into description but in the listing. 

I also have opinion that this situation can happened random way , without any reason.

and second opinion that another seller was trying  to black ball me and report my listings to eBay in a negative light....

Will be appreciate any comments about last 2 opinions. Thanks!

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@dadakol wrote:

I also have opinion that this situation can happened random way , without any reason.

and second opinion that another seller was trying  to black ball me and report my listings to eBay in a negative light....

Will be appreciate any comments about last 2 opinions. Thanks!

Your comments: 

1. I also have opinion that this situation can happened random way , without any reason.

While maybe not completely random, there can be red flags that cause ebay to remove listings.

They might look more closely at sellers who don't have a long history of selling designer items.

They might have noticed your conflicting locations (item location vs. description)

They might have thought you were lacking in descriptions and/or pictures. 

They might have checked feedback and may have seen some unhappy buyer situations.

No one knows what algorithms ebay uses but if they think there's a risk, they err on the side of caution. 

2. second opinion that another seller was trying  to black ball me and report my listings to eBay in a negative light....

While I am not naive enough to think this never happens, I don't think it happens nearly as often as sellers (whose listings were pulled) believe. 

Ebay (people) aren't stupid and if they see that "competitors" are reported legal and authentic items, they will eventually catch those sellers. 

IMO, honest sellers of authentic items don't consider other honest sellers of authentic items as competitors. Rather, they view each other as "friendly rivals" in a positive way. They do NOT report each others listings.

More than likely, your listings were pulled for a combination of reasons I posted under #1. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Hello. I am sorry I am late to the discussion.  But I had a few purses I bought at garage sales.  And before I really knew about fakes, I sold a few.  That is when my Kate Spade purses started to get some negative attention.  Ebay was threatening my account, so I opted out of the Purse game.   I lost money, but I was unaware of how many fakes are out there.  And one other poster is spot on with paperwork can be forged comment.  Also, you there could be a Federal Crime with mailing fakes.  I am not saying this is you, but it seems the major bag companies have invested time and money searching eBay for fakes, looking at seams and zippers, etc.   They lose a lot of money.   Lastly, if you plan to sell for a while on eBay this will drag your account down.

Edward

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

One final (for now) piece of advice before you do any more listing:

E-mail addresses are not allowed either on listings or MY WORLD pages.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 20 of 20
latest reply