cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with purse authentication

My wife and I bought some purses from an auction and are sure we have a few fake Coach and a fake Vera Bradley. I've posted pictures for some help in knowing if we are right. A few questions that I would like some help on.
1 Can I still sell these?
2 How should I list them (obviously not as real if they are not)
3 Do you have any suggestions on the price for them?
Thanks for any help.
20230815_234201.jpg20230815_234338.jpg20230815_234408.jpg20230815_234550.jpg20230815_234613.jpg20230815_234655.jpg

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Only the VB is genuine.

If they came from ebay and if you're still within MBG timeframe, open a NAD (not as described) return request. 

The VB pattern is Blue Lagoon retired 2011. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@revmunc 

I didn't answer your questions: 

1 Can I still sell these? - You can sell the Vera Bradley Blue Lagoon tote. 
2 How should I list them (obviously not as real if they are not) - The counterfeit Coach bags cannot be sold anywhere, no matter how you describe them or admit fake. 

Your picture #6 doesn't appear to be a counterfeit Coach as the pattern is Gs. If there's nothing on that bag saying that it's supposed to be Coach, you can sell it as "designer inspired G pattern" without making reference to any brand. 

3 Do you have any suggestions on the price for them? For the inspired and the VB, you'll have to search completed and sold listings to see what they've been listed for and those with prices in green are the selling prices. Others are just the asking prices.

albertabrightalberta

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for the help. I came across the Vera Bradley pattern doing a little more research on their site. I appreciate the input. Fortunately, I didn't spend much on the coaches or the lot that the others were in so It's not a loss. I got lucky and we know what to look for next time.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@revmunc 

The Vera Bradley bag is either a Large or Small Tic Tac Tote.  Check the measurements to determine which one it is.

As to the counterfeit Coach, please do not donate it.   That just keeps a fake in circulation.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Can you provide a picture of any tags or inside creed patches for the 'G' bag in picture #6?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

The G bag is NOT pretending to be anything other than a designer inspired bag.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Can you please provide a picture of any tags or inside creed patches for the 'G' bag in picture #6?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@a*river*runs*through*it wrote:

@revmunc 

As to the counterfeit Coach, please do not donate it.   That just keeps a fake in circulation.

I agree with @a*river*runs*through*it 

Although there are many people who donate fakes, I agree that they shouldn't be donated. Many thrifts wrongly assume or don't care that the sale of counterfeit goods is illegal, even when such items are identified as fake. 

However, most of us don't want to fill landfills unnecessarily either so several years ago, some of the posters here came up with a few alternatives to make those fakes into conversation pieces, thereby doing our own small part to save the environment while making utilitarian use of otherwise illegal items. 

Some suggested uses of fakes: 

• Fill with dirt and seeds of hanging plant and make a planter to hang on fence
  • Hard-sided bucket type bags can have hangers attached to them to use as a hanging planter
  • Use in shed for storage of small tools
  • Use in home, under sink or in basement for carry cleaning supplies
  • Mark up or remove branded logos and use for little girl's purse
albertabrightalberta

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I think it’s terrible advice to use counterfeit bags as planters or playthings for children. According to American APPAREL AND FOOTWARE ASSOCIATION President and CEO Steve Lamar in 2022, A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF TESTED COUNETERFEIT ITEMS failed to comply with U.S. product safety standards. AND CONTAINED DANGEROUS LEVELS OF arsenic, cadmium, phthalates, lead, and more that have been shown to cause adverse health outcomes. Even small amounts can pose significant health risks. So… if you DON’T want your plants to die or your children to get ill, please don’t use counterfeit bags as suggested for planters or toys for children.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply