2 buttons on breast pockets 

Chanel in rhinestones on back

lime green color

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Help with Authentification of Chanel top

Very obvious fake, sorry. Wrong logo fonts (oval C etc.), fake labels & poor quality.

Always compare any item bearing the CHANEL  name &/or CC logos with the trademarks shown on the official CHANEL  websites, e.g.

CHANEL_logo2.jpg

Also note that, like all French designers, Chanel does not omit accent marks on lower case French words, e.g. Fabriqué en France.

It is amusing how they noted that LYCRA is a ® trademark of Dupont! Smiley Tongue

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Very obvious fake, sorry. Wrong logo fonts (oval C etc.), fake labels & poor quality.

Always compare any item bearing the CHANEL  name &/or CC logos with the trademarks shown on the official CHANEL  websites, e.g.

CHANEL_logo2.jpg

Also note that, like all French designers, Chanel does not omit accent marks on lower case French words, e.g. Fabriqué en France.

It is amusing how they noted that LYCRA is a ® trademark of Dupont! Smiley Tongue

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks so much for your expertise and quick response!
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Very bad fake.

Even the English is wrong - "Fibre Content"  - amongst others.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@citrine146 wrote:

Even the English is wrong - "Fibre Content"  - amongst others.

To be pedantic, for the sake of accuracy, "fibre" is correct for English (and French) whereas fiber is American Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I guess if you're looking at it that way ie English not American, then fibre it is.

How about translating the "Fibre content" to French? "Content du fibre" ? I doubt if the translation was correct. Perhaps the French speaking members would know.

Bottom line still remains that sadly the top wasn't made by Chanel.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@citrine146

Just to be clear, I only addressed the spelling of fibre because that was what you specifically chose to dispute. I did not feel it necessary to go into further detail re translation phraseology since there was already enough, as noted, to prove the top was not by CHANEL.

And no, I don't think it's likely that the French would say they were happy with [the] fibre either Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you all for your interest and help.

Let's condsider this issue resolved and close this topic!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply