cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake chanel?

I got this chanel card holder under the impression that it would be caviar leather (Chanel leather usually comes in caviar or lambskin). I got this cardholder that has “chanel embossed” all over it. I have never seen this textured before and honestly, makes the leather look dull. Has anyone ever seen this before? I suspect its fake.

I made the mistake of not collapsing the description on the phone app which did state “caviar leather with imprinted Chanel”. But still, it’s not caviar leather, right

If you look closely it’s embossed Chanel all over the leather. Looks bad in my opinion...If you look closely it’s embossed Chanel all over the leather. Looks bad in my opinion...

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Fake chanel?

Agree with your opinion. Sorry.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Fake chanel?

If you bought it from an ebay seller, open a SNAD dispute.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Fake chanel?

I requested a return and the seller just declined it. Return case was simply closed!... Ebay hasn’t been able to intervene, I called them. What’s an SNAD dispute?

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Fake chanel?

Oh i just looked it up, i did open a dispute and Paypal is reviewing it.
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Fake chanel?

@thy-vo-0

I think you might be mistaken about authenticity. 

If it's the listing with the serial number 24435072, I'm told that it's authentic. You might want to confirm authenticity with a professional authentication service that has Chanel experts and is trusted.

albertabrightalberta

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Fake chanel?

Who told you it is authentic? Would you happen to know What is this type of leather called? Is it considered to be caviar leather? Thanks for your help!
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Fake chanel?

I'll ask that person if she might reply. I don't know Chanel so can't advise on the leather type. (I only know obvious fakes!)
albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Fake chanel?

I'm confused, but maybe I missed something. Am I to assume the OP originally posted a listing link showing more photos but it was removed? That partial view of the item in question doesn't seem enough to conclude much.

I can understand if there were no clear photos on the item listing showing the actual  leather grain & if the seller mistakenly described it as "caviar" — that may well be Not As Described.

But without photos showing more details or any example of what the OP described as "Chanel embossed all over it",  I'm not sure how one could confirm its authenticity either way. 

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Fake chanel?

OP Get it authenticated. I never should have answered off one picture without seeing the listing. I thought the texture looked wrong for the material and went no further but I’m told I’m wrong so do get it authenticated by one of the pros already suggested and I apologize.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Fake chanel?

40418CAB-5D3D-4D7C-89E7-70EFF7DA5092.jpeg

@genemaat There are a few photos in the original post with authenticity card. I acknowledge I made the mistake of viewing the listing on my small phone screen, could’ve maybe noticed the leather more had I viewed it better. The seller lists it as Caviar Leather.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Fake chanel?

@genemaat wrote:

I'm confused, but maybe I missed something. Am I to assume the OP originally posted a listing link showing more photos but it was removed? That partial view of the item in question doesn't seem enough to conclude much.

I can understand if there were no clear photos on the item listing showing the actual  leather grain & if the seller mistakenly described it as "caviar" — that may well be Not As Described.

But without photos showing more details or any example of what the OP described as "Chanel embossed all over it",  I'm not sure how one could confirm its authenticity either way. 

@genemaat - I should have clarified. I'd found the listing and forwarded it. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Fake chanel?

OP, I'm acting as the middle woman here.

would you please post a few more of your own pictures. Please show a better close up photo of the made in stamp and a better shot of hologram.

albertabrightalberta

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Fake chanel?

Thank you, Alberta! That is definitely unusual.

Chanel bags are not my specialty, I only know they use a variety of leathers & textures on their leather goods, (e.g. "grained calfskin", "crumpled calfskin", "grained goatskin", "aged calfskin", "aged lambskin" etc.), but not familiar enough with all the variations or models.

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Fake chanel?

F11A3C12-0575-44AF-B28D-AFD3A67BA0AD.jpeg

E5E1793C-6EC7-4DE8-8A91-A1DB56E92845.jpeg

29555C85-A8E5-457F-B571-C3DE1B6090A1.jpeg

893FAD06-D98F-4259-9C99-6489FA59B90B.jpeg

B1CC7A5F-2504-4A6C-B19C-4B6A66453E56.jpeg

738C092A-3183-41DB-A1B1-D1616BCDAE93.jpeg

6092C326-E259-4AB3-8232-80A7A7DCA0A3.jpeg

There you go! Hope that helps a little in determining authenticity. I’ll also go through Etinceler as you recommended. Still doesn’t change that it’s not the caviar leather I was hoping for 😞 at least if I lose my Snad and its authentic I could resell it...

Message 15 of 23
latest reply