cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterfeit Arcteryx Cerium LT Hoody

Bought the Arc'teryx Cerium LT Hoody from the sellerr spotteam9651_8. I compared it with the real one in local Boston Arc'teryx factory store and found my ebay purchase a complete and utter fake and bad one at that. Here are 7 points that I found but I am sure there is way more.

1. The down channels are not symmetrical on the right and left. When you zip the jacket the uneven width is apparent.
  2. The zippers on the fake one are cheap and not heavy duty like on the real one.
  3. The real Cerium LT jacket in XL fits me perfectly while the fake is too tight.
  4. The threads are coming out even before I tried on for the first time. 
  5. The stiching is uneven with thread bunched up in multiple spots.
  6. Very little filler on the one from ebay, even after I let it sit indoors for couple of hours. The real Cerium LT is way more puffy.
  7. The fabrik on the fake on feels cheap, it is hard to see on the pictures but if you comapre them in person, it's evident, the fake one is a fake.

I attached some pictures, hopefully they will help others to avoid these purchases in the future.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Curious, how much did you pay for the fake cerium lt and where was the seller located?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@lgngri 

Did you file for a return?

No other buyer will have to worry about that particular seller. He no longer sells.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yes I did and I got my money's back. But this seller was selling for at least 2 more months.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Clearly those buyers filed against him.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I almost bought a fake, but got a refund before the seller shipped.  They seemed hesitant to refund me even though they offered returns.  From looking around ebay, it seems the jacket is likely fake if:

1. The jacket is new w/ tags

2. Listed for just above half price, usually around $200

3. The seller is selling the same product in about every size, only in black, and is also selling other Arc'teryx jackets in black in multiple sizes all for the same price

4. Feedback for seller only goes back a couple of months.

I've found multiple sellers that all fit this same mold.  Buyer beware.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I forgot to mention, you can't zoom in on the photo 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply