cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach Round Coin Case w/Wrong # on Inside Tag

Hi all,

Just wondering how you would describe this in a listing and if there is anything I can say to provide reassurance to a prospective buyer...

I bought this round coin case at an outlet at the end of the summer.  It's super cute, but recently, I found one I liked even better, so thought I might sell this one since I'm beyond the return window.  As I was taking pictures, I noticed the style number on the tag does not match the one sewn inside, and a search confirmed the one on the interior belongs to a different round coin case.  Never had that happen before and thinking this may well likely turn off buyers.  Anyone ever experience this with Coach?

IMG_0103.JPGIMG_0105.JPGIMG_0110.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I would disclose it in the listing.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@sweetdunks wrote:

Hi all,

Just wondering how you would describe this in a listing and if there is anything I can say to provide reassurance to a prospective buyer...

I bought this round coin case at an outlet at the end of the summer.  It's super cute, but recently, I found one I liked even better, so thought I might sell this one since I'm beyond the return window.  As I was taking pictures, I noticed the style number on the tag does not match the one sewn inside, and a search confirmed the one on the interior belongs to a different round coin case.  Never had that happen before and thinking this may well likely turn off buyers.  Anyone ever experience this with Coach?

IMG_0103.JPGIMG_0105.JPGIMG_0110.JPG

Wow! This is a first (or at least rare)! It appears to be a massive f-up by Coach!

The outer tag (with style 87720) is correct for that coin purse.

It looks like someone messed up in the factory and attached the wrong production label for a different version of the same type of coin purse to the wrong one.

This is what 11727 looks like:

albertabrightalberta

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta

Should she disclose that in the listing?

The item is authentic.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I would disclose it in the listing.
albertabrightalberta

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Good grief! Know what's weird? I did a bit of searching for other listings of the same item to see if they had the incorrect label inside too.

Very few sellers show pictures of the label but of the few that do, this is my finding:

Another identical item, also from the Philippines and with the CORRECT label inside. The full "serial number" isn't visible so I don't know if it was made in a different month but the plant is the same and I can see "20" as the last 2 digits of the style number:
NWT $85 Coach Sunglasses Round Coin Case, Leather, Silver/Chalk Multi, F87220

I can also see the "0" on this one:
COACH 87220 CHEWING GUM ROUND SUNGLASSES HEART COIN CASE CHALK LEATHER EMOJI
albertabrightalberta

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Just my luck to have picked this one up!  I actually like it more since it's "special" now.  LOL . Maybe I'll keep it.  But if I do decide to list it, I'll definitely disclose in the listing. 

I found my receipt and I purchased it 9/9/17.  Oh, for the days when they had a more generous return policy!  It's really not a big deal to me since it's a smaller item, but I'm sure some would be very put off by it.

Thank you for all your help and input!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply