cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach Authentication help

I bought a Coach bag and for some reason i dont think its the real thing. When i put the numbers in on the Coach site I get a reponce of "O Results" .

Tag number is G1393-25161 . When i put in the first few numbers it will come up with mens loafers? The made in tag is not a fabric but kind of a rubbery clear tag. Something just does'nt seem right with it. I cant  say anything until I know 100% what i have here.

Thank you so much for help.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Youre NOT going to find a number on Coachs site for a purse that was discontinued probably three years ago! And even when you search Ebay you NEVER enter the whole string of numbers and letters, just the style number.

And most important of all, NOTHING can be authenticated based just on a serial number unless its one of the known always fake numbers. You need to post clear photos here of the front, side and strap, and especially the creed patch and serial number from inside the purse. No photos, no authentication.

And you need to include the creed and serial number photos in your listings.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@616tbaker49319,
While Fashionclubgurl gave great information, I have a bit more advice.

I do comment you for coming here first and asking questions before accusing the seller and leaving a possible undeserved feedback.

Please post pictures of the bag you received.

Now the comments you probably don't want to hear:

1. If you are going to be buying AND SELLING Coach items, it's your responsibility to ask questions about the item prior to buying and when reselling, YOU should be showing enough pictures so your buyers can verify authenticity of your items.

Your Coach bag you sold can't be authenticated based on the pictures in the listing and just stating the serial number tells us (as authenticators) and buyers absolutely nothing. You MUST show the full creed and serial number.

2. I can't believe you dinged sellers' feedbacks by leaving neutrals for sellers in Malaysia and China. Feedback is supposed to indicate how the transaction went, how communicative the seller was, and whether the seller did a good job with the listing.

To get a piece of jewelry for 99 cents (including free shipping) from Hong Kong and ding the feedback because the item is "just okay" is unfair! What do you expect for under $1?!?!?!? A flawless diamond pendant?

If you have issues with the quality of the item, take it up with the manufacturer. The seller didn't make it.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 3
latest reply