cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese made clothing does not fit, any way I can return and get full refund?

I think I'm at the losing end of this, but will try to explain anyway.

So, I purchased 2 tops, same design, same sizes, same listing, from a chinese seller. Neither top even comes close to fitting and are way too small. Chinese seller offered partial refund.

Why am I responsible for their poor sizing designs? If they want to sell to US buyers, they need to get correct sizing on their garments.  Seems very unfair.  I have asked for full refund and a postage label so I can send items back to China.

I think I'm just out my money at  this point, is there anything I can do?

When I have a return (on my seller account), I'm usually out the shipping money both ways, so why aren't they? I understand shipping may be expensive to return to China, but seems they would then be made to correctly size their garments for US sales.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Did the listing provide measurements for the size you selected?

There's no way they can send you an international postage label.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

That's the issue with buying from china.  If you want to return for a refund, you will have to foot the shipping.  They literally have no way to purchase an international shipping label to give you.  Not sure how much you spent, but taking the partial refund may be the easiest method for you.  If you do ship the items back, there's no telling how long or if you will actually see a refund. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If a China seller doesn't have measurement equivalents in their listing, don't buy is a good rule of thumb.  Most of the stuff is so cheap that returns really aren't even feasible. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@dosprompt

If you claim a refund for an item not as described, you need money for the return of the item.

Ask eBay to step in, if a foreign seller doesn't send you that money.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It has long been a fact that Asian sizing for clothes is not the same as American sizing — just as Europe has its own size scale. Even when clothes for the American market are manufactured in Asia (as is so very often the case these days) you have to be a little careful because the sizes can run to the small side — Large may be closer to Medium than what you'd expect.

On top of that, it's just common sense that when you buy something — anything — by mail order, you have to take into account what happens if there's a problem with your order. If you buy something from a store at the local mall, you can hop in your car and take it back. When you buy something from a seller who is literally on the other side of the world, well... that's part of the risk you take.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I have much success with clothing items from China - I purchase a size up to allow for a better fit.  99.9% of the items that I've purchased (dresses & one skirt) have in the listing Chinese v USA sizing.  So I go by the measurements and get the next size up for a better fit.  I only purchase one brand too as that is the one that fits me the best and is very close to USA sizing.

I am not keen on partial refunds, but it may be better than nothing 😞  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply