cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are all St John’s Santana yarn?

I have a really great St. John sweater trench coat that’s rather poodle-y looking. Or a bit like a shag carpet if it was really short and had flat yarn.

It’s as fun as can be, and very casually elegant... but is it Santana yarn? Does it matter?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No, they're not all Santana, which is a specific thing (though I'm not sure what :-D), but most everything NOT Santana that's made by St. John Knits can be described as a novelty knit, I believe.  I'm sure you'll get more answers, but I think that's correct.  Beth   

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Lol, thanks.

Is there a size limit for pics? I’m trying to post a picture and keep getting an error message.

There are parts of the coat with a more regular knit, like under the collar.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You do need to post pictures. Use the camera icon I believe. Santana is the specific type of yarn that St. John was known for under the Grays who long ago sold the business and I have no idea whether St. John still uses Santana which was a mix of wool and rayon which gave the yarn incredible ability to block out or in. The actual type of knit varied-again the term was about the yarn. Is there a fiber content tag? That should answer your question.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply